Modderfontein Bike Park - what's happening

I FLY

The reserve is still owned by Heartland Properties. The land surrounding the reserve was sold some years ago and the current reserve size is the reduced size following the original sale. There are currently no plans to sell any more of the land owned by Heartland Properties.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the updates chaps!

21st March HAPPENS to be a public holiday...good time to test the trails out!

One big concern is the validity of the multi-access cards. I hope they accept these cards when they reopen. Any feedback on this?

i heard that they will be honoring the existing cards  :thumbup:

From FB

12717982_10153324960566612_6134391782939

Lauren Wolff Trails are being taken over by another cycling crowd! Wolf Trails. We will be riding there from next week. Great upgrades coming! Big revamp taking place. From the horse’s mouth.

Lauren Wolff Trails are being taken over by another cycling crowd! Wolf Trails. We will be riding there from next week. Great upgrades coming! Big revamp taking place. From the horse’s mouth.

Looking forward to this, proper trail management for the first time in about 5 years.

(soil erosion is not trail management)  :whistling:

Could not agree more, that last downhill section got super deep and dangerous, not that belting down at 45+km/h is not dangerous, lets hope they keep it fresh.

That one pole gave me nightmares! 

I always considered hitting it as a way to regain symmetry in my collarbones after breaking the left one last year. I need another scar and titanium to balance me out now.

Damn OCD...

So Gauteng will be closing all nature reserves from Wednesday. I assume that would impact Modders too?

So Gauteng will be closing all nature reserves from Wednesday. I assume that would impact Modders too?

I doubt it as it isn't a nature reserve, but i'm not 100% sure if they will be closing. The animals were even relocated a few weeks back.

Edited by Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

There was a notice saying the 20th will be open to cyclists again. Not sure if this is still the case. Il try tomorrow anyhow. 

There was a notice saying the 20th will be open to cyclists again. Not sure if this is still the case. Il try tomorrow anyhow. 

I think I will pack my bike anyway, it will be a good stress reliever, on a Friday.

The park is open! They are still catching up with the cutting but it's heading in the right direction. The plants are growing very well in this weather and it was in a terrible state before so it will take some time to get perfect. We can all help by running it in again! (There is signage again as well)

The park is open! They are still catching up with the cutting but it's heading in the right direction. The plants are growing very well in this weather and it was in a terrible state before so it will take some time to get perfect. We can all help by running it in again! (There is signage again as well)

Thanks for the report.