Modderfontein Bike Park - what's happening

I FLY

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have a "life" membership of Health and Racket Club. It's over move on.

Edit: the racket had a fancy "q" in it somewhere . Gone , Finish en klaar.

Edited by Blokman

you're in luck, because sadmarc is willing to take up the good fight for you, and many like you, as he cares so damn deeply about these social injustices!

Racquet. I used to work there.

The timing of over the moon selling their "special price" multi entry card and and their subsequent dodgy "exit" from Modder cannot be overlooked. They stole your money for years by not re-investing it in the trails anyway.

Why screw up a new and hopefully responsible and engaged business manager who needs your money now to make the bike park you want.

If your R300 is that critical log a claim against over the moon, their business is still operational.

Two The Core not Over The Moon

The trails weren't in a good way, we all know this, you can go back a few pages and have a look for yourself. Then the stewardship change happened, trails were tended to for a bit, then lockdown happened...

How long has non essential business been open? How do some people think that it will be manicured already? The vegetation didn't take a break during lockdown! It probably thrived as we weren't there to overshoot corners and stunt some growth.

Regarding the cards, I have a 1 and a half rider cards still. I won't even give it the satisfaction of being on my fridge like my adventure golf cards I hardly use. I will chuck it away like my till slips from the bike shop. Who are you supporting by demanding your rides? If something so small can chase someone away it's perhaps for the best, the less muppets the better! Most of us in this thread want the same thing. A great place to ride.

Hi Dieter, I fully understand what you are saying but on their social media pages, they mentioned they managed to do cutting during lock-down and that they are 100% ready.

Other than that, I fully support the park.

The trails weren't in a good way, we all know this, you can go back a few pages and have a look for yourself. Then the stewardship change happened, trails were tended to for a bit, then lockdown happened...

How long has non essential business been open? How do some people think that it will be manicured already? The vegetation didn't take a break during lockdown! It probably thrived as we weren't there to overshoot corners and stunt some growth.

Regarding the cards, I have a 1 and a half rider cards still. I won't even give it the satisfaction of being on my fridge like my adventure golf cards I hardly use. I will chuck it away like my till slips from the bike shop. Who are you supporting by demanding your rides? If something so small can chase someone away it's perhaps for the best, the less muppets the better! Most of us in this thread want the same thing. A great place to ride.

its sometime better to under promise and over deliver, but cyclists are notoriously optimistic and supportive of new ventures (with the obvious exception of the PILLOCK!).  Modders is a big place, and keeping those trail in check must be one mother of a job.  Good luck to the chaps having a go, and I do NOT envy the task.  I hope it works out

Great to find this thread and confirm Modders is open again & the heads-up that the multi-ticket I've used 2 entries of isn't valid (the guy purposely didn't stamp it when i bought it, so that's 3 entries).  Also nice to see same names, same viewpoints. Fair enough to be pissed at the scam move, just lucky it's not a big amount. Will head over tomorrow, maybe the blue cranes will be there.

Great to find this thread and confirm Modders is open again & the heads-up that the multi-ticket I've used 2 entries of isn't valid (the guy purposely didn't stamp it when i bought it, so that's 3 entries).  Also nice to see same names, same viewpoints. Fair enough to be pissed at the scam move, just lucky it's not a big amount. Will head over tomorrow, maybe the blue cranes will be there.

Oh yes the birdlife is incredible! We actually bought a monocular recently so we could have some zoom with us for cycles and runs! 

Has anyone actually ridden at Modders since they re-opened?

Can we get a report back on the ride-ability of the trails, and the quality of the directional arrow signage?

Can we get a report back on the ride-ability of the trails, and the quality of the directional arrow signage?

Jeep track is graded & clear. Single-track on the lake side of Modders is fine, but elsewhere it's overgrown in places. Didn't clock the arrows as I was the only one in there that I could see. Long-crested eagles still there.

Go back for a age or so and get the feedback.

Go back for a age or so and get the feedback.

A friend rode there today and did 32km, here is his message:

"Those trails are looking good. I'd be asking myself if brakes are absolutely necessary"

Get on your bikes and ride (I'm just waiting for my brakes after my lockdown rebuild).