Modderfontein Bike Park - what's happening

I FLY

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode at Modders this morning. 

Trails are looking good! Big improvement, and considering what they inherited and the time they have had to work on things, the signs are very positive!  

:clap:

Rode there 1 week before lockdown and then today. 

Massive improvement. Thanks guys keep up the good work. It’s appreciated. 

I still have a "life" membership of Health and Racket Club. It's over move on.

Edit: the racket had a fancy "q" in it somewhere . Gone , Finish en klaar.

Me too????????????????????????

Edited by Darrynbp

We did Red route this morning - track’s completely cleared. What a pleasure to ride there

In three years of riding there I have never seen some many riders and families walking????????????????????????????????????????????????

Rode Modders on Saturday and have to say that the general trail condition is excellent. The only gripe i have is the amount of walkers and runners that are using the bike trail instead of the walking/hiking trail causes a lot of stop/start and is eventually going to cause an accident when a fast cyclist is using the trail.

Maybe they using the bike trail because it's in better condition than the other trails or maybe they just don't know about the walking/hiking trail. I think better signage would definitely go along way by marking out properly which is which. At the moment the only decent signage is for the bike trails in my opinion.

Rode Modders on Saturday and have to say that the general trail condition is excellent. The only gripe i have is the amount of walkers and runners that are using the bike trail instead of the walking/hiking trail causes a lot of stop/start and is eventually going to cause an accident when a fast cyclist is using the trail.

Maybe they using the bike trail because it's in better condition than the other trails or maybe they just don't know about the walking/hiking trail. I think better signage would definitely go along way by marking out properly which is which. At the moment the only decent signage is for the bike trails in my opinion.

post-44041-0-98136700-1591553250_thumb.jpg

To Taroko trails

Thank you for the big improvement made on the overall condition of the trails. I'm already doing some PR's on most sections.

-When can we expect to buy the yearly passes?

-Will you in future clean up and open the "ruins of Mordor" section?

Thanks

ooh yeh runis of MODOR- my fav!! 

is it still rideable...?

To Taroko trails

Thank you for the big improvement made on the overall condition of the trails. I'm already doing some PR's on most sections.

-When can we expect to buy the yearly passes?

-Will you in future clean up and open the "ruins of Mordor" section?

Thanks

Ye great to hear its open - But there be a lot of pissed off people sitting with Multi Entry cards that TAROKO refuse to honor - I don't really care about, who said, she said, he said, But somewhere there is a lot of money sitting in someones pockets that doesn't belong to them. 

In my opinion TAROKO should have taken care of this liability as part of there responsibilities taking over the management of the trails. Maybe legally they didn't need to, but it would have been the right thing to do as they need the support of all past riders to make this park a success again.

I for one will take my money and ride elsewhere - fortunately we have choices.

Without trying to dredge up an old flame war that i'm still trying to recover from - Not !

I see TAROKO have now decided to accept old multi entry cards as from today 15th June until Monday 31st Aug.

On behalf of all those who are sitting with old cards, I'd like to thank you - Nice gesture which i'm sure will get more happier riders on your trails.

To all you who burned me down like a demented self centered witch i retract the last comment on my original post. 

Without trying to dredge up an old flame war that i'm still trying to recover from - Not !

I see TAROKO have now decided to accept old multi entry cards as from today 15th June until Monday 31st Aug.

On behalf of all those who are sitting with old cards, I'd like to thank you - Nice gesture which i'm sure will get more happier riders on your trails.

To all you who burned me down like a demented self centered witch i retract the last comment on my original post. 

That's nice!!, I have chucked mine that had 5 rides left on it.....Now I am P-off.

What are these trails like? technical? elevation? 

I stayed close to these trails for few years but never ever tried it out. Time to try it out.

I stayed close to these trails for few years but never ever tried it out. Time to try it out.

You actually get a nice mix of everything, not Technical 500M elevation gain over 25km,

Did the red loop yesterday - wow! Looking so good. Met someone from Taroko Trails on the ride. I'm very impressed! Taroko has done a great job so far.

Looked like a good turnout of runners and cyclists and families walking and all enjoying themselves.

And then met Greg from the Farmers Market side. Was great to have food and coffee and drinks available again.

Looking forward to many happy hours there of running, riding and family outings!

Edited by ridr

Trails are lekka - Like Dexter said not too technical - but there is a XC course and you get enough technical riding on what they have to offer - I've done up to 55km in the trail park with probably 5 - 600 m climbing.

Been to Modders the last couple weeks and the trails are looking the best they have for quite some time. I'm hoping the second part of the "reed trail" is opened soon. I'd also like to know if the walking trails will be remarked anytime soon? There are loads of walkers on the MTB trails. This could cause some nasty accidents.

@TAROKO TRAIL PARK can you give any feedback please?