Modderfontein Bike Park - what's happening

I FLY

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Thank you for all the updates. I have been following the comments as to know when to go out and hit the trails.

My wife and I went to Modderfontein on Saturday and it was awesome! Trails were really good.

Thank you to the new management and thank you for accepting previous multiple ride cards.

Well marked and no fallen trees on the track. 

There were a lot of walkers/runners but did not encounter any on the single track so was easy to pass.

Good morning All, Taroko Trail mentioned on Strava, should the direction be like it is now or anti-clocks, your opinions please, I enjoyed it Anti-clocks.

I went there on Saturday for the first time this year, and I must agree Anti-clockwise was better for me, the trail flow worked better for me previously (if that even makes sense :ph34r: ) 

I've ridden there from the beginning when they still used the top gate as the entrance - done it both clockwise and anti clockwise, If i had to choose i suppose anti clockwise, but I think changing direction of the trails once or twice a year makes it a bit more interesting - too much of the same thing can make it boring if you ride their often enough.

I've often made the suggestion that they should cut a trail between the 1st gate and the payment gate - when we used to start at 33 high street it was a lekka much longer trail - now if you start at the same place then almost 1/3 is on tar. It would be nice to get Wed night rides on again - start and end at 33 High street without the tar

I like nite rides- I've got the bar light & the helmet light & a jacket for when its freezing in winter like now at night- i'm keen for Wed nite rides........ something special about night riding! amazing how few people really like it.....

I've ridden there from the beginning when they still used the top gate as the entrance - done it both clockwise and anti clockwise, If i had to choose i suppose anti clockwise, but I think changing direction of the trails once or twice a year makes it a bit more interesting - too much of the same thing can make it boring if you ride their often enough.

I've often made the suggestion that they should cut a trail between the 1st gate and the payment gate - when we used to start at 33 high street it was a lekka much longer trail - now if you start at the same place then almost 1/3 is on tar. It would be nice to get Wed night rides on again - start and end at 33 High street without the tar

I think it was because Taroko are not the admin for the group so have no control as to what is being discussed using their name. I could be wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Rode at Modderfontein this weekend for the first time, well maintained trails, previous complaints as per this thread seems to have been sorted by the new management team.

Also looking forward to the new entrance gate right opposite the trail start as driving on the unmaintained and speed bump infested tar road is a bit of a pain.

On a side note, can anyone advise what the below are? Looks like some sort of bunkers, you quite clearly see them from the trails a couple of times.

post-154104-0-43925300-1594640703_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dup08

Rode at Modderfontein this weekend for the first time, well maintained trails, previous complaints as per this thread seems to have been sorted.

On a side note, can anyone advise what the below are? Looks like some sort of bunkers, you quite clearly see them from the trails a couple of times.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

as far as I know it was storage for the Dynamite factory, don't think its operational but well patrolled.