Modderfontein Bike Park - what's happening

I FLY

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taroko are doing a great job. Place is looking fantastic. Massive improvements all around. Love riding there.

What do you think of the graded downhill at the end though? The power lines descent, aka last fast single track. Personally, I'm a little disappointed. Preferred a trickier, adrenaline spiking descent. More friendly to more riders now, but over manicured if you looking for a buzz going down that section.

Not a gripe. Just wondering if I'm alone in thinking that sometimes you lose the thrill if there is too much smoothing/grading

Taroko are doing a great job. Place is looking fantastic. Massive improvements all around. Love riding there.

What do you think of the graded downhill at the end though? The power lines descent, aka last fast single track. Personally, I'm a little disappointed. Preferred a trickier, adrenaline spiking descent. More friendly to more riders now, but over manicured if you looking for a buzz going down that section.

Not a gripe. Just wondering if I'm alone in thinking that sometimes you lose the thrill if there is too much smoothing/grading

I think he is planning a nice flow trail for that section, according to one of his instagram posts. (I hope so)

That is *** news. It was a nice little single trail. Honestly, why not just grade and tar the whole loop then?

That is *** news. It was a nice little single trail. Honestly, why not just grade and tar the whole loop then?

I agree but the last time I rode it (a few months back), the 1 gum pole was waaaaaay to close to the trail and the slightest contact with it would result in a serious injury. 

Flow tracks are super popular right now and will continue to be so.

Hope they know how to create good flow. Nothing worse than berms braking your speed instead of adding to it.

I agree but the last time I rode it (a few months back), the 1 gum pole was waaaaaay to close to the trail and the slightest contact with it would result in a serious injury. 

So, slow down when you come to it. I've done loads of runs down that trail and never clipped it

So, slow down when you come to it. I've done loads of runs down that trail and never clipped it

I did cos I knew about it... those who didn't know about it could easily come unstuck...

I'm all for that section being fast - was my fav part of the park, just became dangerous when they chose to plant a gum pole right next to the trail

Flow tracks are super popular right now and will continue to be so.

Hope they know how to create good flow. Nothing worse than berms braking your speed instead of adding to it.

Go ride the Wolwespruit flow trail, I think you will see that they know what they are doing....

I have been eyeing a line down one of the hills there recently wondering if they will make some kind of flow/jump line down it, will post pictures next time I go ride there and see if any of you guys agree that it looks like it could be something fun

Go ride the Wolwespruit flow trail, I think you will see that they know what they are doing....

I have been eyeing a line down one of the hills there recently wondering if they will make some kind of flow/jump line down it, will post pictures next time I go ride there and see if any of you guys agree that it looks like it could be something fun

It’s on my list of places to explore in the next month or so. Quite a drive but I’m sure it’s worth it.

Finally hit the trails the weekend and really impressed on how well it has improved compared to last year. New owners doing a great job

Only thing was I wanted to grab a coke to drive home and had to pay R10 to get in to buy it.

Wonder if cyclist that have paid already could get into the market for "free".

Just a thought but otherwise good work

Trails are immaculate and definitely a good workout. Not a lot of interesting features but still a pleasant ride.

That downhill by the power line though. Damn.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone experienced Modders after the heavy rains we have just had/having?

Will be fine. I would just skips the 1st reeds section. And the river section will have some branches you will have to potentially go around or hop off for. 

But last weekend after the rain, was tip top still.