Modderfontein Bike Park - what's happening

I FLY

I rode on Friday morning 03/09/2021

The Black Sparrowhawk is still around at the river section, it swooped past my head as I was ducking to avoid a branch

Ive ridden before in a group with no attacks, I think the bird targets lone riders. 

The river section is a very nice ride, but maybe the park should close it off, and build a new section else where. 

The bird should not be harmed in my view, if it can be re located safely, that will be best. 

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, aneurinchetty said:

I rode on Friday morning 03/09/2021

The Black Sparrowhawk is still around at the river section, it swooped past my head as I was ducking to avoid a branch

Ive ridden before in a group with no attacks, I think the bird targets lone riders. 

The river section is a very nice ride, but maybe the park should close it off, and build a new section else where. 

The bird should not be harmed in my view, if it can be re located safely, that will be best. 

besides tweety bird, whats the condition of the trails please, keep geeting mixed reports, some say its very much in need of attention

deep grooved and rutted, any feed back, it always used to be a lekke spot to get some miles in

5 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

besides tweety bird, whats the condition of the trails please, keep geeting mixed reports, some say its very much in need of attention

deep grooved and rutted, any feed back, it always used to be a lekke spot to get some miles in

Great condition! Full red is 47km and there are 2 or 3 corners with some braking bumps before them but that's about it. 

6 minutes ago, Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

Great condition! Full red is 47km and there are 2 or 3 corners with some braking bumps before them but that's about it. 

thanks ive been wanting to take my daughter for ages

40 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

Been recently, plenty good condition and they've done a ton of work around the ruins/bunkers. Particularly for the trail run section, well worth exploring! 

The section after "hawk alley" going up to the fence which runs down to the old entrance was burned recently. Couple of trees down and one area a bit collapsed. Nothing serious, but keep eyes peeled!

2 hours ago, DIPSLICK said:

Its a great track, definitely worth trying 

2 hours ago, aneurinchetty said:

Its a great track, definitely worth trying 

Done plenty riding there years ago I loved it we used to use it on our commute loops and night rides, loooooong ago just glad to hear maintenance has been done, 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are any of the routes here doable on my 35c CX rig? ???? Is there any non technical trails.