Modderfontein Bike Park - what's happening

I FLY

10 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

You’ve seen the roadworks and developments in the area no? So it really is out of the hands of Taroko Trails as the property owners (NMT) have to close that gate. 

Coming from Flamingo Centre really makes no difference wether you use the main road or reserve road to ride on. In fact you can still ride along the reserve road most of the way and then at the gate go upto the road and straight into Taroko Farms. Personally have never waited 40min for to pay, if it’s an issue then maybe look at one of the season bands. 

Yes i get what you are saying but - With the old gate you could jump onto the trail just after entering. We have never ridden to the trail head on the tar road, we jumped onto the trail 50m past the gate and jumped off at the same place to ride back to flamingo. 

Its not like its 1 or 2 riders - there are lots of riders who do or did it this way, most already have bands.

I understand shutting the gate due to consturction as a lot of cars used it as well - but for season pass holders riding in - Not clever - They already have an alternative gate which is manned by security but only allow cars in for the Sea Scouts - Why not use this entrance ?

You us old Valers think we own Modders trail park, so when they change things we get very abrasive 🤬😁  

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry Marc, i don't believe in stress. but I am having fun giving you a go for complaining about no having a personal entrance to your bike park :)

22 hours ago, Nakoota said:

Taroko is a tenant, M&T is developing their land, there is nice paved bike path that extends from Flamingo to the trail head.

If you are only paying in the 40 minute q now that the old gate is closed does this mean you weren't paying before and just skipping onto the trails?

4 hours ago, madmarc said:

Of course there always be that one guy with incinuations, luckily you ended with a ? so i'll indulge your curiosity

I been riding Modders since its inception, in fact we rode there even before it became a trail park.

When the Trail head was developed these last couple of years the old gate was still an alternative entrance and used by many of us who rode in from Flamingo

And no we did not rogue ride for free we pay at the gate with cash / card and some or most riders have their annual pass bands that they have to show at the gate. 

My rant is more about the access being completly taken away.  

The very least they could do is keep an alternative entry even if its only for the Annual pass band holders.

I hope my explanantion has satisfied your curiosity and relieved your stress on the thought that there are non paying rogue riders on the trails

All we need is peace

Kofi Annan: Former UN secretary general and Nobel Peace Prize laureate |  The Independent | The Independent

• 3 weeks later...

Need a little bit of advise.

What is the longest loop one can do now at Taroko, and what sort of elevation would that loop have ?

Have not been there for a while. Website does not help much with this.

I guess they are open tomorrow ?

13 minutes ago, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

Need a little bit of advise.

What is the longest loop one can do now at Taroko, and what sort of elevation would that loop have ?

Have not been there for a while. Website does not help much with this.

I guess they are open tomorrow ?

Yellow trail is the longest, its about 34 km with 450 m of climbing according to my Garmin. There are two shorter trails if you want to add distance though. This was in January, not sure if anything has changed since then.

Edited by Sandro

Can also do some sections more than once for distance. Doing "up the creek", "ruins of Mordor" and "Mudderless" trails twice on the yellow loop will get you close to 40km