What to buy: Scott vs Giant MTB

HubberV

Thanks bro,

Also the fact that the Giant is out of stock almost everywhere (next shipment in April), means something positive.

Very true and if you have a good LBS that stock Giant its even easier.

I am not just being biased BUT when a very highly regarded Epic mechanic tells you how many Scott Sparks they got to mend all the time with seized pivots and cracked rear frame pieces VS the almost zero issues with Giant bikes... it kind of influences your decision.

Also the bobtastic suspension on Scott when you forget to lockout the suspension for the millionth time is not my favourite either.

And all bikes make funny noises when they not cleaned and maintained well even giant and scott and spez etc etc.

Wish I could get my hands on that Giant Anthem - tested one for a couple of days in Advanced Pro 0 setup and now I cannot stop dreaming about it...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 2015 Giant Anthem Adv 29er. Almost 18000km on it, and havent had one issue yet.

Lifetime warranty and support of Giant is fantastic! Discovered a small hairline crack on the frame 3 years ago (I ride my Anthem HARD)... Giant had no questions, no issues, 4 days later I had a brand spanking new frame, built up and done (Kudos to my LBS too!)

Both bikes are fantastic.

If I had the $$$ (65k odd) to buy a MTB again... Guess what I will buy...

An Anthem. Must say though, I still have the XT groupset on mine, not too sure about the reliability of the SRAM Eagle, I am a big fan of the Shimano grouppo.

So, if I can choose that frame again, and somehow get it in a Shimano groupset again, I will rather do that.

My 2c.

Agreed... 2018 Anthem Advanced Pro 1 colour with Fox factory suspension from the Pro 0 and shimano XTR 2x11.

I would fit some other bars, stem saddle etc...

Wishlist or dreambike spec... :drool:  :drool:  :drool: . Is Santa still taking requests????

Hi ChrisF,

Which Trek would you suggest?

Thanks!

Top Fuel....

Think there is a reason why plenty International Bike Magazines voted the Top Fuel the best bike of 2017?

I am just biased like that.

But again, go through the process of riding them. A riding buddy recently wanted to replace his Top Fuel with his dream machine, a Tallboy CC. So he got his hands on a Tallboy CC and rode it for 2 weeks. He then compared his Strava segments after a week of hard riding.

..... he only went and bought himself the Top Fuel 9.9 .....

Edited by Traveler

Top Fuel....

Think there is a reason why plenty International Bike Magazines voted the Top Fuel the best bike of 2017?

I am just biased like that.

But again, go through the process of riding them. A riding buddy recently wanted to replace his Top Fuel with his dream machine, a Tallboy CC. So he got his hands on a Tallboy CC and rode it for 2 weeks. He then compared his Strava segments after a week of hard riding.

..... he only went and bought himself the Top Fuel 9.9 .....

Yet to read a bad review or comment about the bike, besides the Fox remote lever which has now been fixed (I think).

I would go for the Giant. Warranty claims are much better from my experience working at a LBS for a few years.

I also prefer the ride of the Giant

• 3 years later...

I am also considering upgrading from 26er to either Scott or Giant. Done some research and found after sale service Giant very good, lifetime frame guarantee. Looks I prefer Scott Spark and rear suspension further from muddy stuff. I am not sure about the components between 2021 Scott Spark 970 Dual Suspension Aluminium Mountain Bike vs ANTHEM 29 2. 

Take your pick - the one is as good as the other.

Go with the better components if there is a difference.

10 minutes ago, Heinrichlouw said:

I am also considering upgrading from 26er to either Scott or Giant. Done some research and found after sale service Giant very good, lifetime frame guarantee. Looks I prefer Scott Spark and rear suspension further from muddy stuff. I am not sure about the components between 2021 Scott Spark 970 Dual Suspension Aluminium Mountain Bike vs ANTHEM 29 2. 

I had the Scott Spark 940.  LOVED it !!!  I was one of those that used the twin lock system. ????????

Knees konked ... so I started by looking at the Scott ebike ????

Bought the Giant Trance E+.  

Obviously not a fair comparison ....

But my vote goes to the Scott Spark.

Warantee .... it requires the bike to be serviced at "aurhorised workshops" .... slim pickings for both ...