Heli tape / frame protection

T-Bob

Struggling to find suppliers of decent tape / frame protection. I know there was a place you could get off cuts of helitape in CT... some where. 

I know sportsmans, mountain style etc have options but I was looking to cut in the bits I need. 

Thanks for any help. 

Struggling to find suppliers of decent tape / frame protection. I know there was a place you could get off cuts of helitape in CT... some where. 

I know sportsmans, mountain style etc have options but I was looking to cut in the bits I need. 

Thanks for any help. 

https://trailtechcycles.co.za/product-category/components/frame-and-fork-protection/

I got some of this stuff and its free delivery, not cheap but a great product

I need something to protect my frame on Nova Eroica... either going to layer duct tape on frame or just tape some old inner tubes on in vulnerable spots. but that'll be temporary... YMMV definitely if more permanence is needed

Speak to the guys at VPS. I took my frame to them and they wrapped it for R1200... Im sure if you speak to the right person you will be able to buy some sheets from them.

Gees... Go to your local Maizeys plastic and specify the thickest vynil you can get... Buy it by the meter and cut it with scissors... I find rounded corners will prevent lifting and sticks like **** to bear fur...

You can also do my cheapskate method and just do multiple layers of normal thickness vynil on top where you want extra protection and it works great.

Speak to the guys at VPS. I took my frame to them and they wrapped it for R1200... Im sure if you speak to the right person you will be able to buy some sheets from them.

I used clear LaminX film from Autostyle. Same sort of thing as VPS and cost me R225 for a big sheet. Works very well. It also makes my bike faster because it's from Autostyle...

Gees... Go to your local Maizeys plastic and specify the thickest vynil you can get... Buy it by the meter and cut it with scissors... I find rounded corners will prevent lifting and sticks like **** to bear fur...

You can also do my cheapskate method and just do multiple layers of normal thickness vynil on top where you want extra protection and it works great.

That was one of the places I was trying to remember. Nice one. 

I used clear LaminX film from Autostyle. Same sort of thing as VPS and cost me R225 for a big sheet. Works very well. It also makes my bike faster because it's from Autostyle...

Will check that and VPS a well. Those AM Style ones you don't really get too much. I've got some weird areas to cover and a massive elevated swing arm that I can't get a slap cover for and is primed for a bit of whip lash as soon as the going gets roff. 

Maybe get hold of the guys at Robin Coss aviation and ask them about the anti-chafe tape they use? Very similar to blade tape just not as flexible, though I've had no problem with it

I've always been lucky to get off-cuts of the anti-chafe tape of blade tape from my heli engineers.

Will ask around a bit when I'm back in country next week.

Maybe get hold of the guys at Robin Coss aviation and ask them about the anti-chafe tape they use? Very similar to blade tape just not as flexible, though I've had no problem with it

I've always been lucky to get off-cuts of the anti-chafe tape of blade tape from my heli engineers.

Will ask around a bit when I'm back in country next week.

Appreciated. Thanks for the help.  :thumbup:

Once you have done the race and want to remove it, whatever tape you use, heat it up well with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive so it doesn't pull that vintage paint off!

It's happened to me more than once when removing old stickers, will really ruin your day :(

I use duct tape... once a month ir so peel it off ... there is little to no resideue. Wash bike ans put new ones. About R50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy solution available at most sports shop is in the cricket dept, Anti scuff used on bats works really well, you can cut it into the size and shape you need. Look for the GM brand 

Did you drop the suspension too and paint the wheels gold?

:whistling:

V P S

38 Tarentaal Cres, Okavango Park, Brackenfell, 7560

021 982 4407

These guys sell off cuts of strong , clear vinyl. They specialize in protective coatings for car bumpers, boot sills etc

V P S
 38 Tarentaal Cres, Okavango Park, Brackenfell, 7560
 021 982 4407

These guys sell off cuts of strong , clear vinyl. They specialize in protective coatings for car bumpers, boot sills etc

Brilliant. I'm going to head over there tomorrow. Cheers!