New Santa Cruz model

ichnusa

Interesting that the Blur has two, symmetrical "braces/links" between the chain and seatstays on the rear triangle - much like the Hightower - but the Tallboy only has one (asymmetrical)...

TB3 still has front derailleur mount. Edited by stefmeister

scb_web_my18.5_detail_j9x_014_1600px.jpg

Blur

Yep, believe it or not despite shedding weight the Blur swingarm is laterally stiffer than the Tallboy, very important on a bike that will see some serious acceleration / torque load into the back end. This is a result of testing done with the Syndicate guys on their V10 29" frames, so awesome to see the downhill influence in the XC frame design.

No front derailleur. With Sram Eagle (and an update from the other big MFG expected in July) who needs 2X ;)

Hang on!

Please elaborate on that

Create a fake profile and spill the beans!  :ph34r:

Hang on!

Please elaborate on that

Create a fake profile and spill the beans!  :ph34r:

This is the bike industry, a quick search on google will shed light on this completely unfounded rumour ;)

note 10/51 ratio

Eagle 12speed is 50 ÷ 10 = 5 x 100 = 500%
XTR 12speed is 51 ÷ 10 = 5.1 x 100 = 510% 
E13 11 speed is 46 ÷ 9 = 5.11 x 100 = 511%

Just consolidating the following three open threads into a single thread to simplify for all that are looking for information on these new models, technical advice on them, availability etc. 

Consolidated thread: LINK

Previous threads: 

• New Santa Cruz Model: LINK
  • Epic Bike Check: Oli Munnik's Santa Cruz Blur CC: LINK
  • Santa Cruz unveil all-new Blur and Highball cross-country race bike: LINK

FYI - if anyone sent us emails on the 20th enquiring about the Blur... the influx raised a SPAM alert with our server and many of these bounced, please feel free to contact our in-house SCB guru: sam@rushsports.co.za