Headshot

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest @BAZA

WTF  :cursing: Let me say nothing before admin ban me 

bliksem. my mother is a member of that cycling group.

There is a high possibility that the dudes living in peers cave did this.

There was an attack on the clovelly/ou kaaps connection road last week too IIRC

saw this post earlier.

from a friend:

POSSIBLE STOLEN BIKE. GT Dual Susp. Driving over Ou Kaapse, direction Fishoek. Just seen a suspicious man riding a v expensive GT. Dark Blue or Black with electric Blue GT and yellow writing on rims. Man headed into bushed just opposite the mew Chapman development...suspect towards the Kommetjie informal settlement. Please pass on or share to relevant groups/persons. Thanks

Sad day indeed. It saddens/scares me to think that a person's life is worth so little.

Condolences to all friends, family and those that knew him.

I've come to Cape Town in March for the last 8 years specifically to do the Argus/CTCT and visit family.  I get around town and southern suburbs by bike and sometimes (until some years ago) train.  What I've seen is a massive increase in low-life and down-and-outs hanging around, particularly the last 5 years. There's more and more very visible poverty, squatter camps everywhere, growing.

This is besides the gang issues.

Policing and service delivery will never keep up.  Social grants hardly pay for food.  What chances of employing, housing, educating everyone?  It seems the country's problems are coming to Cape Town, and that suits the ANC hands-down. To stop this means sorting out the bigger picture and to do that... well, one thing that isn't going to work is people using energy and resources, that are desperately needed to solve problems, to fight each other.  Which is the only thing that politics seems to thrive on.  That definitely has to stop.

Eish.  I am truly sorry.  I don't see anything changing until people being attacked are able to fight back on an equal footing.  And even then, that is war, not crime protection or problem solving.  But that is how I feel.  Attackers should be taken out on the spot. Without proper policing, at the one end, and solving population influx, unemployment etc, at the other, the only thing that is left is going to be vigilantism.  Which is also not a solution.

Absolutely gutted. The hikers iat the start of the year was shocking news.........and now this. You can’t ride on the road. You can’t ride off road. You can’t ignore the repeated patterns of crime. Time to seriously think about getting out of here. Condolences to the family. This is so so so sad. R.I.P.

Everything you said I see as true and I concur. There is no solution in sight and it is worsening. The bit below what you said is the cyclist's practical problem- where this happens there is a growing chance of you being physically attacked and injured or injured badly or murdered for nothing really.

It doesn't happen in other countries to this violent degree. It just doesn't. You go out for a ride here and you can die out there. I read an article yesterday saying that SA is the most 2nd most stressful country in the world (Nigeria being number 1). We are high up on the world list for: rapes, violent robbery, murders, hijackings etc all which often involve extreme violence and cruelty. 

Our police etc are not much good- they either are complacent or don't care or are not funded or equipped properly (the money is there, it is being used elsewhere or being used in efforts such as wastage and corruption and red tape and theft and inefficiency etc).

So poverty grows and more people move to urban areas whether a small town or large city and there are not jobs for everyone. Thank the ANC and their policies of short sightedness and selfishness. Cyclists cycle and are targets for bikes cells wallets and violence is used to this effect with the criminal knowing he can make easy cash with little risk of being caught or having anything happen to him- so this will grow sadly. 

The EFF with its rhetoric seems simply to be an active version of the ANC which has more passive policies in a way- but the same policies. We are headed to a Marxist state and that is just not good in any way. Witness the increase in brutal farm murders which seem to be revenge black on white punishing the alive for what the dead did. No positivity for the future. Witness the so called land invasions and where this is going. 

Time to really leave South Africa if you can, go and make a better quality safer less anxious life for yourself elsewhere if you can. 

What I've seen is a massive increase in low-life and down-and-outs hanging around, particularly the last 5 years. There's more and more very visible poverty, squatter camps everywhere, growing.

A couple of months ago I was on a group ride going up Black Hill from the Sun Valley side.

Just after going through the intersection, I rode past a group of guys waiting on the side of the ride - that spot is a pick-up area for casual labour - and as I rode past one of them yelled out 'sek'. 

I don't want to be all Capetonian about this, but there was a seriously negative vibe coming from that group or someone in the group. 

The attacks on hikers started a week or two later and I couldn't help but remember that incident. I'm inclined to think that there are just a few individuals involved in all these incidents.

I hope they get caught soon. This latest one makes me feel sick to my stomach. 

So sorry for the deceased's family.

I am more inclined to be of the opinion that these attacks are not motivated by theft anymore, but by the same hate that comes with the farm murders in SA.

When you start attacking/killing people just because...well that's when all hope for a society (South Africa) will be lost.

If your thoughts are at any point of all these attacks, "when will I be next..." then it does not bode well for us anymore.

My heart goes out to the man that was needlessly killed today.

A persons life worth as little as a bicycle !

I dont want to live on this planet country anymore ..

RIP 

Fixed it !   

Fecking coward, why must you murder................take the damn bike you piece of shyte !

More are more murders/attacks and rapes etc are not as a consequence of a robbery anymore, but rather the initial intent with the theft of a few items rather being the consequence of intentional violence.

there have been a few different reports on this... where exactly did this happen? was it on a trail or was it on the sports fields?