Cyclist Down (16 March) - Saxonwold, witnesses sought

Harryn

I have pasted this from a post off Someone’s strava feed. Please help if you saw anything.

“We are URGENTLY looking for eyewitnesses and/or any information!

Fanie Delport, an esteemed cyclist and founding participant of the Arola Bible Cycle Tour, was involved in a hit-and-run yesterday morning around 05:45 / 05:50 on the corner of Cotswold Drive & Englewood in Saxonwold. If you’ve seen anything, know anything about the accident – or know somebody that does, kindly contact Christo Prins @ +27 83 2000 393. Many thanks in advance for your assistance! And sharing this post as wide and far would also be much appreciated! As well as your prayers for a speedy recovery for Fantie”

No man that’s my local.

Hope he is okay.

Most of the house in that area wha e cameras just got to the spot and look at the houses.

This is bad to see, saw it on Facebook, we were in school together. Heal up soon Fanie, praying for you. [emoji120]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Hope he is doing okay.

I for one am so sick and tired of every second day seeing a hit and run involving a cyclist :(

At that time of the morning can only be a drunken coward !!

This is becoming a weekly occurrence. What the hell is going on. Some of us enjoy(sometimes) riding solo but maybe its time to give it up, warning signs are there.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

At that time of the morning can only be a drunken coward !!

The ONLY thing i fear on my early morning rides. You just never know, even with your lights on, whether these drunk bastards can see you.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

His parents still lives where he grew up and his mom told mine that he is being kept under sedation for 5 days and they are with him. Them and the drs will only know how severe it is when they wake him up after sedation period.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Fanie is a colleague of mine. A true gentleman. Prays and thoughts are with him and his family that he makes a speedy and full recovery.

For updates search Arola cycle tour on Facebook. They have a post on the incident.

Perhaps the more tech savvy hubbers can post a link.

When talking to non cycling road users they seem to think that Bicycles have no right to be on the road and are an irritation.

I nearly got taken down at that same corner on tuesday - but I did get to have a word with him... he thinks it's "unfair" that I am angry that he crossed a stop line without looking and cut me off - stopped 6 inches away from t boning him.