Elgin Grabouw Country Club
Organizers
Euna Parnell
Enquiries Phone Number:
021 859 4203/4
Entries close
2018-05-03

ROUTE DESCRIPTION

This great event offers three routes in the popular Grabouw Forest. The 10 km route is aimed at beginners and youngsters (grandparents also welcome!), while experienced MTB riders can tackle the challenging 50 km endurance event. This route requires technical experience to handle the fine single track, many jeep track climbs and exhilarating descents. Don’t feel like doing all those climbs? Then the 25 km is just right for you! Be warned, the two longer routes both include some long, steady climbs, but the stunning view makes up for the sweat. The single track sections will still have you raving about them weeks later

The closing date for online entries is MIDNIGHT Thursday 3rd May 2018

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an extra entry (50km) as my wife can't make it anymore, anyone that wants to make me a donation to take it over, not sure if there is a cost involve to do a sub

Edited by LeoKnight

Elevation profile?

Starts with a big climb (Ou Pas), some downhill, then a massive climb (Nuweberg) and more downhill. Then 2nd half more like up and down with single tracks (to Sir Lowreys/Gamtou) and A-Z).

How technical does it get on the single tracks...anything major to be aware of?

How technical does it get on the single tracks...anything major to be aware of?

nothing technical, also depends what you consider technical. IMO some of the descends are more technical with all those rocks lying around.

The descent from Nuweberg is the one you need to be aware of. It is quite loose and steep. The singletracks are about the same difficulty as Jonkers Never Ending Story.

Still available? Will find out about Substitutions.

I have an extra entry (50km) as my wife can't make it anymore, anyone that wants to make me a donation to take it over, not sure if there is a cost involve to do a sub

Starts with a big climb (Ou Pas), some downhill, then a massive climb (Nuweberg) and more downhill. Then 2nd half more like up and down with single tracks (to Sir Lowreys/Gamtou) and A-Z).

From the route description on the entry site, and with the map from Donovan above, you've got it reversed. We do the climb up to Nuweberg in the second half. We start with A-Z.

From the route description on the entry site, and with the map from Donovan above, you've got it reversed. We do the climb up to Nuweberg in the second half. We start with A-Z.

It was like that last year. First the climb up Nuweberg, and then the A-Z trails. Seems that they swap it around every year then.

If not mistaken I'm sure I heard something along those lines i.e. That they alternate the direction each year.