Tan Sidewalls Options?

Schmorglebot

Hey guys, 

I'm a huge fan of tyres with tan/gum sidewalls, I think they look super classy and I wanna treat my bike to a set.

What are my options locally? I don't really have the budget to get Specialized Cottons and I'm not really sure who else makes a good set.

This would be for a clincher tyre for a road bike

Vittoria Corsa, love mine, I have the tubular version in a 25c and they are super comfortable and also available in clincher.

Most tan tyres are a tad niche and pricey and a lot are tubbies which is where the tan comes from back in the day with the casing. 

Vittoria Corsa are supposed to be great and weren't too bad locally but I haven't looked for them in a while. Bontrager make a tan R4 320 road tyre and they have good local agents being a Trek in-house band. 

Challenge from France make some (like the Paris Roubaix model) but that's an overseas shop. Panracer used to make one or two (like the Pasela). Veloflex make some good tan ones as well. Also Vredestein Fortezza and Gommitalia have models as well as Clement (Strada Lgg).

Dugast are the classic for the classic like Paris Roubaix and they do some killer tyres but again mostly tubbies. 

Saw Maxxis Ardent at cycle lab last week. Under R500. CRC also has a few available.

Ugly as sin.

Last I saw those tyres on a bike there was a boy sitting on the handlebars and one across the top tube carrying miellies while another pedalled.

Also Harleys have whitewall tyres.

Same as taxis. Taxi tyres

26aa20605aeeb6ab9cefb154cf3cc9f1.jpg

Ugly as sin.

Last I saw those tyres on a bike there was a boy sitting on the handlebars and one across the top tube carrying miellies while another pedalled.

Also Harleys have whitewall tyres.

Same as taxis. Taxi tyres

26aa20605aeeb6ab9cefb154cf3cc9f1.jpg

You sound like that one boy in school who "hated" the girl he secretly wanted. 

Just go buy a set, we won't make fun of you.

You sound like that one boy in school who "hated" the girl he secretly wanted.

Just go buy a set, we won't make fun of you.

I’d rather *** in my hands and then clap

Saw Maxxis Ardent at cycle lab last week. Under R500. CRC also has a few available.

Those Ardents are gonna be a bit slow roling on a road bike ;)

http://fstatic1.mtb-news.de/img/photos/3/4/0/2/2/_/large/Spark_RC.jpg

Why stop at tan?

White helmet.

White shoes.
     White tyres.

Edited by Koei

I’d rather *** in my hands and then clap

Guessing you're not buying them so on to your alternative. A video of you rather kakking into said hands then wil do.