Tubeless on the road

Popit

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The comfort level that comes with toobless. So lekka. Suffered one cut in the rear which had to be replaced. And managed to survive a few cuts in the front. My fiets came with Vittoria Corsa something. By reading here, I must look for better options. 

My LBS recommends the Spez Cotton ones as well as the GP 5000. Those Pirelli ones sound cool.

My WTO60 had the Vredestein Fortezza Tubeless tyres 25c...done a few rides with them and nothing bad to say about them ...replaced with Pro Ones for being a bit lighter....much better but at almost twice the price

Any others use the Vredestein

Screenshot_20210715-211404_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Madone69

3 hours ago, 'Dale said:

The comfort level that comes with toobless. So lekka. Suffered one cut in the rear which had to be replaced. And managed to survive a few cuts in the front. My fiets came with Vittoria Corsa something. By reading here, I must look for better options. 

My LBS recommends the Spez Cotton ones as well as the GP 5000. Those Pirelli ones sound cool.

The Pirelli's feel really good. Low RR too

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update:

I had my LBS set the wheels up tubeless.

I went with the following:

Sealant: Orange Seal regular as per the recommendations.

Tyres: Conti GT5000 TL 25mm. I bought these new from a fellow hubber at a good price but will happily try the Goodyears when the time comes.

Looking forward to my first ride this weekend!

1 hour ago, craig.anavi@gmail.com said:

Just an update:

I had my LBS set the wheels up tubeless.

I went with the following:

Sealant: Orange Seal regular as per the recommendations.

Tyres: Conti GT5000 TL 25mm. I bought these new from a fellow hubber at a good price but will happily try the Goodyears when the time comes.

Looking forward to my first ride this weekend!

I did mine yesterday. After going through all the posts here, I decided on Stans rim tape and GP5000 TL 28mm tyres. I got everything from bike-discount.de including some bling Supacaz Star Valvez. I bought the Endurance Orange Seal from Lanoy before I saw that regular is better for road wheels.

I'm not wild about the Stans tape as it doesn't seem very sticky and doesn't conform to the shape of the rim nicely, but it is popular and seems to be highly recommended.

In a 12 hour period overnight, the tyres each lost about 5 PSI in pressure which I can live with. Monday will be my first ride with this setup so hopefully all goes well.

54 minutes ago, HenryS said:

I did mine yesterday. After going through all the posts here, I decided on Stans rim tape and GP5000 TL 28mm tyres. I got everything from bike-discount.de including some bling Supacaz Star Valvez. I bought the Endurance Orange Seal from Lanoy before I saw that regular is better for road wheels.

I'm not wild about the Stans tape as it doesn't seem very sticky and doesn't conform to the shape of the rim nicely, but it is popular and seems to be highly recommended.

In a 12 hour period overnight, the tyres each lost about 5 PSI in pressure which I can live with. Monday will be my first ride with this setup so hopefully all goes well.

I used regular orange seal for 1.5 years and the endurance version for the last 1.5 years and didn't notice a difference to be honest

• 1 month later...

Starting this up again.

How often should you replace/ refill the sealant in road tyres?

Orange Seal recommends on the product information for their Regular sealant that it has a lifespan of 30-45days. When I shake the wheel I can still hear the sealant sloshing around at the bottom.

Any recommendations on top up intervals? Rather be safe than sorry?

Thanks in advance!

12 minutes ago, craig.anavi@gmail.com said:

Starting this up again.

How often should you replace/ refill the sealant in road tyres?

Orange Seal recommends on the product information for their Regular sealant that it has a lifespan of 30-45days. When I shake the wheel I can still hear the sealant sloshing around at the bottom.

Any recommendations on top up intervals? Rather be safe than sorry?

Thanks in advance!

wow 30-45 days, I'm seriously taking chances then, I've got my maintenance app set to remind me every 6 months.

35 minutes ago, ouzo said:

wow 30-45 days, I'm seriously taking chances then, I've got my maintenance app set to remind me every 6 months.

I top up more or less after every puncture when my bike is covered of sealant :D Which is probably every 2 months or so. If you hear the sealant then you should be fine

2 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I top up more or less after every puncture when my bike is covered of sealant :D Which is probably every 2 months or so. If you hear the sealant then you should be fine

I last topped up in April according to my app. I'll be putting my new tyres on this weekend in preparation for CTCT, so will see what the sealant looks like and then make the call to adjust my maintenance routine.