Gravel bikes - what do you have and where did you buy it?

Myth

Hopefully Jonesy can answer. I never weighed mine. Frame and fork according to FARR weigh 2.775kg. At a guess I'd say the fork is around 0.9 to 1.1kg but that's a it, a guess.

I do like the ride-feel of the steel fork though...

My bike came in at 11.7kgs without pedals and sealant. Full Ultegra hydraulic 2 x 11sp. @andreas17777, I'm not 100% sure but I think the frame and fork is closer to 4kgs. I think a carbon fork will save a significant amount but the ride quality may not be as good (theoretically speaking and according to gogo@). If all goes well I should have my bike this week. I'll post the actual final weight of the bike. Edited by Jonesy

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Diverge now sports GRX 1x and a 460mm/25deg Spank Vibrocore bar with some fresh new S-Wrap Roubaix tape.

I've also sourced a set of Pathfinder 38c tanwall rubber which still needs to go on, and then need to take it out for its first post-upgrade ride (my Stumpy got the ride attention this weekend)...

IMG_2591.jpg

Do you have more pics? Mrs likes the color. Hoping to get her one, one day.

My bike came in at 11.7kgs without pedals and sealant. Full Ultegra hydraulic 2 x 11sp. @andreas17777, I'm not 100% sure but I think the frame and fork is closer to 4kgs. I think a carbon fork will save a significant amount but the ride quality may not be as good (theoretically speaking and according to gogo@). If all goes well I should have my bike this week. I'll post the actual final weight of the bike.

Frame and fork didn't feel like 4kgs? (but maybe FARR didn't include the fork weight on their specs and I was blinded by the beauty of the thing).

Now I'm curious.

But I also caught some carbon bling with the TRP brakes which are pretty light.  Bottom line is the bike is NOT carbon, NOT light but is very comfortable to ride. I was surprised how much.

It also has great momentum on the sloping stuff so make sure you have good brakes  :ph34r:

I took delivery of my Giant Revolt 2 about 2 weeks ago (bought from the BikeHub Classifieds... thanks Pinner) and after my 2nd long ride on it yesterday, I've fallen hopelessly in love with it :wub:

I had planned to change the bars on it but these swept back bars that it comes with are just so comfortable I'm not sure I should bother spending the money changing them.

Before buying it, I spent a weekend on the Titan Switch Elite and really enjoyed that bike as well, especially the carbon wheelset but this D seatpost on the Giant just gives it a bit more compliance on the bumpy stuff and takes the edges off :thumbup:

post-39501-0-86491400-1594321372_thumb.jpg

Edited by BuffsVintageBikes

I took delivery of my Giant Revolt 2 about 2 weeks ago (bought from the BikeHub Classifieds... thanks Pinner) and after my 2nd long ride on it yesterday, I've fallen hopelessly in love with it :wub:

I had planned to change the bars on it but these swept back bars that it comes with are so comfortable I'm not sure I should bother spending the money changing them.

Before buying it, I spent a weekend on the Titan Switch Elite as well and really enjoyed that bike as well, especially the carbon wheelset but this D seatpost on the Giant just gives it a bit more compliance on the bumpy stuff and takes the edges off :thumbup:

Lovely colour!!

Is that the Helderberg?

Frame and fork didn't feel like 4kgs? (but maybe FARR didn't include the fork weight on their specs and I was blinded by the beauty of the thing ).

Now I'm curious.

But I also caught some carbon bling with the TRP brakes which are pretty light. Bottom line is the bike is NOT carbon, NOT light but is very comfortable to ride. I was surprised how much.

It also has great momentum on the sloping stuff so make sure you have good brakes :ph34r:

Yes I think frame weights exclude the fork... wish someone could confirm if I'm right... Remember that I'm on a Large amd you're on a small frame. (Slight difference). I will soon confirm the exact weight of mine. Not that it bothers me much but I'd like to know for interest sake.

Again, very happy to hear your feedback on the ride quality. Its really much more important to me than a bit of weight.

As far as the brakes go, the Ultegras should be up to the job. (Better be considering my weight added to the thing! ????)

Edited by Jonesy

I had planned to change the bars on it but these swept back bars that it comes with are just so comfortable I'm not sure I should bother spending the money changing them.

Before buying it, I spent a weekend on the Titan Switch Elite and really enjoyed that bike as well, especially the carbon wheelset but this D seatpost on the Giant just gives it a bit more compliance on the bumpy stuff and takes the edges off :thumbup:

That Revolting is a great bike, my riding partner has one in dark grey  :drool: ..............he still  battles to keep up with me on my Momsen R 355 though  :whistling:

Edited by coppi

Here's another pic of my Farr Gravel Bike. I haven't even looked at my road bike since getting her :) This bike is just too comfy.

That is a really good looking bike

I'm in the same boat with N+1 bikes sadly staring forlornly at me as I pass them up.  Like an old dog left at home whilst you take the younger ones for a walk - I thought gravel bikes were a hoax but I realised a while back that I'm really a roadie who was riding an MTB to stay safe.  I don't even like single track and then the bike marketers read my mind and gave me what I needed - a drop bar compfy roadie to ride on and off road

Yes I think frame weights exclude the fork... wish someone could confirm if I'm right... Remember that I'm on a Large amd you're on a small frame. (Slight difference). I will soon confirm the exact weight of mine. Not that it bothers me much but I'd like to know for interest sake.

Again, very happy to hear your feedback on the ride quality. Its really much more important to me than a bit of weight.

As far as the brakes go, the Ultegras should be up to the job. (Better be considering my weight added to the thing! [emoji23])

I just weighed my fork with thru axle, 1460g.

My bike weighs 11.5 ready to ride (with little saddle bag and lights attached) , but it has a lauf fork on it... 45e4f675eafd995f10a0b9de0b8be7c1.jpg

I am really enjoying this "new" trend towards gravel bikes and comfort. As a bike fitter I've fought with people for years that comfort can be fast but came up against a brick wall of SLAMMED STEMS ARE BEST AND MAKE ME LOOK FAST :-) 

The trend towards smaller saddle-stem drops/less aggressive set ups and the corresponding WOW THAT FEELS AWESOME feedback has been great.

Long live gravel. Viva viva!

That is a really good looking bike

I'm in the same boat with N+1 bikes sadly staring forlornly at me as I pass them up.  Like an old dog left at home whilst you take the younger ones for a walk - I thought gravel bikes were a hoax but I realised a while back that I'm really a roadie who was riding an MTB to stay safe.  I don't even like single track and then the bike marketers read my mind and gave me what I needed - a drop bar compfy roadie to ride on and off road

At the moment i can only really afford one bike, but now I'm questioning myself on my current HT MTB...for the way i ride and what i like to ride it seems like i need a Gravel bike

At the moment i can only really afford one bike, but now I'm questioning myself on my current HT MTB...for the way i ride and what i like to ride it seems like i need a Gravel bike

Everyone needs a gravel bike but in current times finances must make sense

I rode a hardtail as my gravel bike for the last 2 years, thinner gravel tyres and a lauf fork and I had no complaints.  

But like I said, you do NEED a gravel bike