Gravel bikes - what do you have and where did you buy it?

Myth

Had to crimb the chain stays and also using 650B wheels.

No name saddle and Pro stem + gravel bars with Deda Tape

AlexBr, where did you find 650B rim brake wheels, or did you need to get them built up for you?

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AlexBr, where did you find 650B rim brake wheels, or did you need to get them built up for you?

Emile from Whippet Cycles sourced everything, contact him and I’m sure he will be able to sort you out. He got the build done from scratch in a week!

New addition thanks to the stable. Bought right here in Hubland and shipped from the eastern cape and into my eager hands. Just need some pedals and we're off! 

- Niner MCR frame - Reynolds 853
- Apex 1x groupset with carbon crank & hydro brakes
- Kate Compton Carbon bars

- Niner carbon fork
- WTB KOM i23 on Hope Pro's 
- Gravel King rubber in hipster beige 

- Fizik saddle

- Chris K headset

I just want to give a shout out to the seller who went above and beyond on this. The build is great, the condition of everything is stellar but the effort he went to to get a massive bike box (as There was a spare set of wheels on the deal as well) and the extent of the packing was exemplary. It took well over 25 minutes to get the parts out from their protective babble wrapped cocoon before I could build. The oke definitely firmed up the cliche that Eastern Cape people are just flat out honest, nice people. Thanks MJVR. 

#SteelisReal

post-132517-0-65479700-1608298762_thumb.jpg

post-132517-0-78322700-1608298782_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dirt Tracker

Took it for it's first ride and it's pretty fun! 

Now all I have to do is list the Frame and Groupset I bought the week before to start my gravel build and that got killed off when I bought this complete ride. 

So if anyone is looking for a weapon of a Norco that can mix it up equally as well on the single track as the tarmac then keep an eye on the classifieds. 

• 1 month later...

Those with Ti gravel bikes, is there a real difference with comfort?

There’s all sorts of science saying this and that - here’s my tuppence having had steel, carbon and Ti - the Ti is far better but perhaps the bike has better geo - the other bikes were a cannondale with a short travel lefty and a carbon niner