Gravel bikes - what do you have and where did you buy it?

Myth

There’s all sorts of science saying this and that - here’s my tuppence having had steel, carbon and Ti - the Ti is far better but perhaps the bike has better geo - the other bikes were a cannondale slate with a short travel lefty and a carbon niner and were nice - current bike is great and on day 1 of my first proper tour

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those with Ti gravel bikes, is there a real difference with comfort?

My first gravel bike was steel frame , from the first prototypes by Victor Momsen. Unpainted steel.

It was very comfortable. Then the itch came and I imported a Lynskey GR 270 ti frame with the Lynskey Carbon fork.

Yes there is in my view a very small difference in comfort and in the responsiveness of the ti frame.

The biggest difference is in the price though . Is it worth the difference in price ? I am not convinced . But it is a nice bike to own.

Edited by Prince Albert Cycles

My first gravel bike was steel frame , from the first prototypes by Victor Momsen. Unpainted steel.

It was very comfortable. Then the itch came and I imported a Lynskey GR 270 ti frame with the Lynskey Carbon fork.

Yes there is in my view a very small difference in comfort and in the responsiveness of the ti frame.

The biggest difference is in the price though . Is it worth the difference in price ? I am not convinced . But it is a nice bike to own.

That can be said in most parts of cycling. But that's not the point, if it was we would all be on imported Chinarellos and Tiagra, or Toyota Corollas as that is all that we actually need.

Are thsoe chaps in Hermanus, Calculus bikes still going?

Don’t forget Ti is shiny bling bling

Getting there....My first gravel experience...cant wait.

Ps Pyga zero 29 frame no 8 (2010 model) part of the test rigs made by Patrick

That is HOT