Gravel bikes - what do you have and where did you buy it?

Myth

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect storms in Alberhoughton as it has had a rare outing on the Spruit....

I thought the Sproot was closed, being a public space (park)?

Farr...sorry, Fara out!????

Yeah that came to mind, for the first few seconds I thought it was a new Farr frame ???? Edited by Patchelicious

• 3 weeks later...

Those with Ti gravel bikes, is there a real difference with comfort?

Some equations and a bloke talking while looking at a Ti bike. But still, I watched it all and it may answer your question. 

This one is about steel, but similar conclusions, and much more flashy production quality. 

Also he only looks at vertical deflection, but torsional flex could play a role in comfort.

Bottom line though... get a comfy seatpost.  

Hopefully not a stupid question, why do people preferably use flared handlebars on gravel bikes versus flatbars or normal road race bike bars?

Hopefully not a stupid question, why do people preferably use flared handlebars on gravel bikes versus flatbars or normal road race bike bars?

Main reason for me is to look cool

But multiple hand positions make it’s super comfortable and the flares mean your wrists are straight so no numb fingers

Did I mention it looks cool and for me that’s important because I can’t grow a proper beard

Main reason for me is to look cool

But multiple hand positions make it’s super comfortable and the flares mean your wrists are straight so no numb fingers

Did I mention it looks cool and for me that’s important because I can’t grow a proper beard

I hope that you have committed fully to the flare and wide with some Salsa Cowchippers...

520 wide at the hoods and 650 at the drops.

That should make up for any facial hair deficiencies...

https://salsacycles.com/components/category/road_handlebars/cowchipper

salsa-cowchipper-bar-HB8250-1920x720.jpg

Flared gives you the best of both worlds. Narrow at the top and inline with your shoulder width for comfort but wide at the bottom to help with technical riding.