insanity

congarong

pretty much all in denial . . . . yawn !! Once you gone its fine for you but your loved ones are the people who have to sit for the rest of their lives without you.   Go be "THE MAN" then brother. I am on the right forum my friend i take risks all the time and the reason i ask this question is also to my self ... IS IT WOTH IT ? PS: i dont smoke and guzzel beer i watch what i eat because i like to ride my bike and that is why i am on this forum :)

?

I dont have a wife' date=' girlfriend,?dog, cat?or child. Am I allowed to cycling on the road?
[/quote']

only if you have a death wish lol . . . .

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worth so much dead that I don't have to worry about the family.

My biggest risk is my wife finding the life policy and doing the math.  Next to that motorists are a minor worry.

now that's why i was trying to get you lot to wipe out my ex at sugarbush. instead you helped her fix a puncture?Cry

I dont have a wife' date=' girlfriend, dog, cat or child. Am I allowed to cycling on the road?
[/quote']

No!

But all is not lost, you can borrow my dog and the kids sometimes, then you can ride occasionally...

We'll work something out... Every day you babysit, qualifies you for 1 hour of road ridingBig%20smile

I dont have a wife' date=' girlfriend, dog, cat or child. Am I allowed to cycling on the road?
[/quote']

No!

But all is not lost, you can borrow my dog and the kids sometimes, then you can ride occasionally...
We'll work something out... Every day you babysit, qualifies you for 1 hour of road ridingBig%20smile

see you're not so generous with the wife!

Why do I cycle???  Because I enjoy the time on the open road and it give me time to think and reflect. You can walk through the front door of your house and get shot!!!! For me it is not really how u die, but that you are ready for it and that you know if someting happens that you have made provision for your family. Nevery leave home without saying goodby, nevery say goodby with dark clouds hanging in the air!! Don't take uncalculated risks, because it might not be worth it.

[/quote']

No!

As it is, I have trouble sharing anything. And especially not herWink

I was taken out on Friday, 3rd in three years here in SA. I was averaging one crash every 5 years on 18,000 to 20,000 road k's per year until I came here. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

It is definitely the most dangerous place I have ever ridden, even with careful choosing of roads, ride times etc.

I have a compression fracture of the L1 Vera brae, should be able to start turbo training in a couple of weeks (if no one is looking) but no gym or falling off or I'm in trouble!

This one was deliberate, see my post if any one can help with legal advice.

I was taken out on Friday' date=' 3rd in three years here in SA. I was averaging one crash every 5 years on 18,000 to 20,000 road k's per year until I came here. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

It is definitely the most dangerous place I have ever ridden, even with careful choosing of roads, ride times etc.

I have a compression fracture of the L1 Vera brae, should be able to start turbo training in a couple of weeks (if no one is looking) but no gym or falling off or I'm in trouble!

[/quote']

you have laid a charge for assualt and attempted murder?  If you do not do it within 48hours, then the police don't take you seriously (as you did not take it seriously yourself).  Once the case has concluded continue with the civil claims.  (THere was a recent posting about just this last week.

insurance companies cant be wrong buddy. Its a fact that women take less risks than men.

its a fact that women are in less accidents but CAUSE more accidents than men!

[/quote']

No!

you'd be no good at key parties. so i guess i won't ask the owner of a certain benoni menswear shop (and his not-shabby) wife to invite you to their next "soiree"?

oh no kiwi, this is horrid news. i am so glad that you are at least still with us to tell the tale and to ride again.

i totally agree Alida...

But for me "personally" the risk is to much on a road bike in this country unless its a well planned event with road closures.
However i will risk my life for my family' date=' hopefully i will have a flame thrower handy :)

[/quote']

Your wording is not correct.  Your perception of the risk is that the risk is too great.  In reality it is not - if you look around the world there are very few countries where the risk of riding a bike is greater than the risk of driving a car (Britain is one of those countries although that is changing as more people start to commute).  There is only one universal statistic that seems to hold true when it comes to road safety for cyclists, and that is the more people there are cycling, the less dangerous it is on average for those that are cycling. 

[/quote']

No!

Mmmm, deal if you have any daughters older than 16 Big%20smile

I was taken out on Friday' date=' 3rd in three years here in SA. I was averaging one crash every 5 years on 18,000 to 20,000 road k's per year until I came here. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

[/quote']

you have laid a charge for assualt and attempted murder?  If you do not do it within 48hours, then the police don't take you seriously (as you did not take it seriously yourself).  Once the case has concluded continue with the civil claims.  (THere was a recent posting about just this last week.

Would 48 hours be up today - Monday? I wasn't feeling too clever on Friday that's why I didn't press charges.