Recovery drinks??

_Daemon_

What do you guys use if you use anything? Does L-glutamine work?

Did the Race for victory on sunday, and a spinning class yesterday, and my legs are feeling quite dead today, dunno what's up with them Cry

They are turning into roadie legs !!! The Fit recovery drink WORKS , it tastes like S##t but mixed with Red Heart it's better .LOL

Big%20smile

Also did the race..very sore on Sunday..stretched alot yesterday..Drinks?..I had Glutamine post race all day Sunday & some yesterday..legs feel fine today..

"DTThumbs%20Up"

Most recovery drink have similar contents.  Generally a ratio of 1:4 protein:carbs.  I swear by them, and always have a cooler box in the car with an ice cold recovery drink in it for after the race.

Needs to be consumed as soon as possible after the race, within an hour is best.

They are turning into roadie legs !!! The Fit recovery drink WORKS ' date=' it tastes like S##t but mixed with Red Heart it's better .LOL[/quote']

Yes yes mr de rosa

There's no way I will get that fit stuff down my throat!!

Anyone using a decent recovery drink that don't taste and smell like sewage

water?

They are turning into roadie legs !!! The Fit recovery drink WORKS ' date=' it tastes like S##t but mixed with Red Heart it's better .LOL[/quote']

No, no. Good old coke, "diluted" with Captain...

TNT12006-10-17 03:10:28

Guest Michelle

EAS Race Recovery.. strange orange flavour.

Biotest Surge... Jason LOVES it.  Only problem is availability.  The local distributor is a pain in the ass.  So haven't bought it in a while.  Jason couldn't wait to get home after a ride to have some.  It's a bodybuilding post workout recovery product & it works

Best tasting recovery drink product I've used is the Cyctomax one.  Haven't seen it araound for a while.

FIT - Duratrain. Yip it does taste bad but worked for us at Sabie experience last year!

I don't bother much though, only use it at important events (i.e. the Midvaal vets tour this year and Sabie last year!). Thighs were a bit stiff after Race4Victory, also rode a 3 hour MTB easy ride Saturday, rested yesterday but short hill repeats today and not feeling too bad!

Ever heard of chocolate / strawberry milk. Tastes better than any of the other junk and is cheaper. I use nesquick with fat free milk. Has the correct ratio of protein to carbo's and works for me....

Of course if you want a kick go for the stronger stuff but I don't trust what they put in it. Like things au naturaal...

40g of protien & EAS muscle armor ASAP after a race / VERY hard ride.  the EAS is expensive,  but works like a bomb.

not really worth it to drink the stuff after a normal training ride.

also read numerous places that chocolate milk is GRRRRRRRREAT!

I read in an advert in Bicycling about a USN product called GAK tek or GAK something. The first ingredient that it mentioned was Growth Hormone. Surely this is illegal? or is this something different to the GH that pros get 2 year bans for??

High Five sports nutrition as used by team CSC and most pro"s in europe is definitely the worlds best tasting sports nutrition and reportedly up to 30 % more effective than any other product on the market.Try it it will change the way you feel about sports drinks and bars.

try the vanilla flavour FIT rocovery and mix it with milk, it actaully tastes quite good, but maybe thats me..

High Five sports nutrition as used by team CSC and most pro"s in europe is definitely the worlds best tasting sports nutrition and reportedly up to 30 % more effective than any other product on the market.Try it it will change the way you feel about sports drinks and bars.

Where would one get High Five stuff in SA?

Guest Michelle

I have fat free chocolate milk from woolworths after every workout... also take EAS L-Glutamine, HMB & Universal Nutritions BCAA's.