94.7 cycle challenge news

Stumpy

here is a press release, think this is great...and they have all the new maps and parking ares on the web.. such organization and to think they changed all this 2 months before this montrous event.

Dear Pick ?n Pay 94.7 Cycle Challenge entrant

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

As you are aware, the finish line of the 2006 Pick ?n Pay 94.7 Cycle Challenge has been moved from the Kyalami Race Track to the Waterfall Equestrian Estate in Sunninghill.

We apologise for the late dissemination of this information, but the situation was totally out of our control. In fact, Kyalami Race Track forced us, as the race organisers, into this position and we have responded as best we could by finding a suitable alternative.

While the race track was an adequate venue for its time, it wasn?t as user-friendly as the new location. We think you will agree with us that the Waterfall Equestrian Estate presents a much nicer environment in which to celebrate your success after completing the race, which will now end on the lush lawns of the estate.

Throughout this process, you, the cyclists, have remained our top priority. Over the years we?ve looked for ways to make this event work better for you and this year was no different. We would never change the venue without first finding a suitable alternative.

We are aware that the new finish is a few hundred metres further than in previous races, but we?ve tried to limit the inconvenience to riders as much as possible. We have ensured that all other systems remain unaffected by this move, including parking and access to the start of the race.

In addition, the traditional Cycle Challenge expo ? this year called the Cycle Challenge Experience ? will now be held at the world-class Sandton Convention Centre. This new venue provides us with the space we need to host the expo, which is billed as the biggest cycling and health-related expo in Gauteng.

Cyclists need to register at the expo on any one of the following days: Thursday, 16 November (10am ? 7pm); Friday, 17 November (10am ? 8pm) or Saturday, 18 November (8am ? 4pm). Entry into the expo is free.

Once again, we thank for your continued, valued support. We look forward to celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Pick ?n Pay 94.7 Cycle Challenge with you on the day.

Guest Michelle

Has anyone received their race numbers yet?  I thought the seeding run was supposed to be done on the 12th 

Glad to see we are finishing on the R55 so we dont have a right turn and sprint up the hill in Maxwell Drive

Glad to see we are finishing on the R55 so we dont have a right turn and sprint up the hill in Maxwell Drive

Where do you see that?

Daemon

There are two maps on there website. Check out the one " venue layout". It shows the

position of the finish and grandstands etc.

apparently the seeding run was completed and the race numbers etc will be sent to everyone by the end of October