[Event] EWC Round 1 Hoogekraal

Dan Dob

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just name dropping here ... but two of our commuter ladies were on the podium ... so if you want to podium on a #Enduro ... you better start commuting to work  :devil:

didn't work, and not true

That said, perhaps pink isn't the best colour to indicate the chicken lines. I'm sure I've seen a more gender-neutral green being used to grade trail difficult with success somewhere else :ph34r:

The pink stands out and is visible.

Maybe orange flags if you want toe be visible and gender neutral?

But seeing as the ladies outrode a lot of guys, maybe some of the men need to embrace the pink?

That said, perhaps pink isn't the best colour to indicate the chicken lines. I'm sure I've seen a more gender-neutral green being used to grade trail difficult with success somewhere else  :ph34r:  

If you think pink is for girls you are the problem Nick ;) We used pink because it's bright and can be seen for miles so eyes are drawn to it and we'd rather have riders riding the easier lines than the advanced lines (also pink and blue were the only colours available :)

.......really enjoyed the day, despite a minor "setback"....! 

Thanks for that Tony! What a pedal strike-eish!

Thanks for that Tony! What a pedal strike-eish!

I tell you what, time stood still...my brain could not compute...I thought WTF!!!...there was nothing in the way!!!??? Softest landing from OTB I ever had!

Confused. For about 90% of the riders, stage 2 times have been omitted from the results. Excluding stage 2 results would result in incorrect rankings no? Anyone else sharing the same view? Or have I missed something perhaps.

Stage 2 timing pod was working fine for a bout 30% of the field then the screen went blank so was swapped out with a backup pod but that pod was programmed to stage 7 (my mistake) and I hadn't written code for Stage 7 download yet. Obviously we can't work out cumulative results if only 30% of the field has stage 2 times and the rest don't.

It took me all day yesterday to do the coding to check the rest of stage 2 results (top 3 men and women remained the same btw) and hence why we scrapped stage 2 times to get results out at the event and on the day (one of the most important goals for us this year as well as the racers and sponsors).

Omitting stage 2 does not result in incorrect rankings because the race becomes a 4 stage race and not a 5 stage race, which is a decision left to the race organisers and is the worldwide standard when these kind of problems occur.

Hope this explains it clearly enough?

Edited by iRide

I tell you what, time stood still...my brain could not compute...I thought WTF!!!...there was nothing in the way!!!??? Softest landing from OTB I ever had!

Softest landing because you took out the nice big bush :D

I was so chuffed to see Duane there huffing and puffing-didn't know he had it in him to push that hard! Contermanskloof will be less pedally and might have a few nice surprises

Stage 2 timing pod was working fine for a bout 30% of the field then the screen went blank so was swapped out with a backup pod but that pod was programmed to stage 7 (my mistake) and I hadn't written code for Stage 7 download yet. Obviously we can't work out cumulative results if only 30% of the field has stage 2 times and the rest don't.

It took me all day yesterday to do the coding to check the rest of stage 2 results (top 3 men and women remained the same btw) and hence why we scrapped stage 2 times to get results out at the event and on the day (one of the most important goals for us this year as well as the racers and sponsors).

Omitting stage 2 does not results in incorrect rankings because the race becomes a 4 stage race and not a 5 stage race, which is a decision left to the race organisers.

Hope this explains it clearly enough?

so can we see the results, want to see if i beat my mates now :whistling: :ph34r: ^_^

Softest landing because you took out the nice big bush :D

I was so chuffed to see Duane there huffing and puffing-didn't know he had it in him to push that hard! Contermanskloof will be less pedally and might have a few nice surprises

So of the climbs were legendary!!!

post-35907-0-29116000-1524557203_thumb.png

so can we see the results, want to see if i beat my mates now :whistling: :ph34r: ^_^

Me too.  I was coughing out a lung from pushing on stage 2 - keen to see where that got me.

If you think pink is for girls you are the problem Nick ;) We used pink because it's bright and can be seen for miles so eyes are drawn to it and we'd rather have riders riding the easier lines than the advanced lines (also pink and blue were the only colours available :)

I must admit was a little hurt by the colour choice, there must have been something other than pink available? Yellow? Neon green? Anything! I know it's trivial but the sad reality is pink is widely associated with women. But my gender studies warped brain aside: looked like a great event well done!  :clap: