Last time i promise( maybe not)

ETV

So this is the week that i was/am going to order my santa cruz tallboy 3. 

I have been getting buyers remorse before i have even bought this bike for 2 reasons.

1. its a #$%#&* load of cash and not one i can afford to make a mistake on.

2. i keep second guessing if there is not a better( cheaper and gives me same performance for my needs) option. 

Initially it was the SC vs Pyga, Then SC vs Trek now i cant help but throw them all in to make sure i make the right choice. Even some i didn't initially think of

My main needs are a bike that is good on trails and to use for races and for commuting 20km to work. I dont make podiums but not last place as well in the races. We all get a bit competitive... :thumbup:

Body structure is 85-90kgs. 1.82cm tall.

Tallboy 3  

Scott spark 920

giant anthem

trek fuel ex9.8

or back to Camber ( maybe the expert this time??)

Pyga Stage Max

Cannondale scalpel Si 3 or 2 ( hadn't considered this bike before)

I have only tested the camber(prev owned), spark(940) and haven't had time or availability to test all of them hence my thorough questioning for advise.

i will try not to drag this out to much. 

thanks in advance for your advise.

Edited by ETV

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just buy the bike you want, don’t buy the bike we say you should want.

This^^^^

Buy the Momsen Vipa Trail. It's on special for 50k and it's all the bikes you have rolled into 1.

120mm suspension front and back, carbon, light, responsive and fun with relaxed 'race' geo... A dropper on there and you really do have a race machine that gobbles up trails for breakfast.

But thats like umming and ahing over a Toyota Land cruiser and buying a hilux.... 

Jewbacca. Do i know you?? Ur land cruiser - hilux joke is crazy. Sept 2017 I bought the LC v8 DC had it 5 months. Was to much vehicle for my needs. Sold it and bought the hilux. :) no jokes.

Jewbacca. Do i know you?? Ur land cruiser - hilux joke is crazy. Sept 2017 I bought the LC v8 DC had it 5 months. Was to much vehicle for my needs. Sold it and bought the hilux. :) no jokes.

I've also sold mine, I don't miss the 10k installment or the + 2k to fill the tanks.

I've also sold mine, I don't miss the 10k installment or the + 2k to fill the tanks.

Yes. But I do miss it during hunting season. And that V8 roar from the 76mm de graaf