Farr - Endurance Inspired Bike Solutions

Farrnus

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a bit strange to see the new Farr framesets on international sites with not a lot of coverage on Bikehub, with the history of direct marketing and comms.

Was a bit strange to see the new Farr framesets on international sites with not a lot of coverage on Bikehub, with the history of direct marketing and comms.

yep pretty obvious that SA not a priority anymore. Pretty much on point for the 'neo-voortrekkers'  ^_^

can't blame them i guess....

A pity, have been eyeing their ATB frame on Facebook and not finding it on their local site.

Seems to tick a lot of boxes for me.

Will keep an eye out!

Yip. Two Wheels Trading have the same business address.

momsen, TWT, farr

they are all family

I think it's because oom Vic is now in Aus mos

Good Morning Fanie,

this is Oom Vic here  :clap:  - I am based in Perth , WA and have been for almost 2 years now - regular travels between the International Trade Shows and South Africa quarterly were the norm - pre this whole Covid19 mess!

To sum things up, the FARR brand is a standalone brand and project that began roughly 3.5 years ago. A creative outlet that has quickly become a self-sustaining range of products in it's own right. Many of products in the range and coming down the line are not your stereotypical SAFFA BIKE MARKET vibe.

With the growth of Gravel and Adventure/Bikepacking globally the brand has seen some great success in markets that are typically very difficult to penetrate when you are trying to ship ex-South Africa etc. This is the main reason for us now choosing to ship products from Australia - where shipping is actually cheaper and alot more reliable ( thanks to the SA Postal Services ... ) to ship worldwide. Crazy as both are separate continents with significant logistics to ship to our main market in North America and others like Japan etc.

It would be awesome to have more of newer FARR products in the SA market, but the relatively low demand and niche of niche perception of adventure/commuting/bikepacking means it is not viable to order and produce the required MOQ's ( Minimum Order Quantities ) that some of our products require. an Example is the Aero Gravel Handlebar - we have to order 500 units per order! not an easy task given the SA market size for this style of bar.

With the GLOBAL site there is always the option to order and ship to SA, the shipping costs are of course the challenge - but no different to ordering from CRC / Wiggle or any other global online cycling website. Would love to offer SA DISCOUNTS or something similar to assist with this in the future  :thumbup:

To facilitate sales of stock on hand in SA, we made the product available via Two Wheels Trading ( separate company but of course a relationship based on my involvement in both ) which means any local bike shop that trades with TWT now has access to most of the FARR range. The only items not available via TWT are those that have very low margin and are not viable via the multi-distribution model. Hope that makes sense.

Feel free to PM me for any further info - will always try to respond and clarify any confusion.

Good Morning Fanie,

this is Oom Vic here :clap: - I am based in Perth , WA and have been for almost 2 years now - regular travels between the International Trade Shows and South Africa quarterly were the norm - pre this whole Covid19 mess!

To sum things up, the FARR brand is a standalone brand and project that began roughly 3.5 years ago. A creative outlet that has quickly become a self-sustaining range of products in it's own right. Many of products in the range and coming down the line are not your stereotypical SAFFA BIKE MARKET vibe.

With the growth of Gravel and Adventure/Bikepacking globally the brand has seen some great success in markets that are typically very difficult to penetrate when you are trying to ship ex-South Africa etc. This is the main reason for us now choosing to ship products from Australia - where shipping is actually cheaper and alot more reliable ( thanks to the SA Postal Services ... ) to ship worldwide. Crazy as both are separate continents with significant logistics to ship to our main market in North America and others like Japan etc.

It would be awesome to have more of newer FARR products in the SA market, but the relatively low demand and niche of niche perception of adventure/commuting/bikepacking means it is not viable to order and produce the required MOQ's ( Minimum Order Quantities ) that some of our products require. an Example is the Aero Gravel Handlebar - we have to order 500 units per order! not an easy task given the SA market size for this style of bar.

With the GLOBAL site there is always the option to order and ship to SA, the shipping costs are of course the challenge - but no different to ordering from CRC / Wiggle or any other global online cycling website. Would love to offer SA DISCOUNTS or something similar to assist with this in the future :thumbup:

To facilitate sales of stock on hand in SA, we made the product available via Two Wheels Trading ( separate company but of course a relationship based on my involvement in both ) which means any local bike shop that trades with TWT now has access to most of the FARR range. The only items not available via TWT are those that have very low margin and are not viable via the multi-distribution model. Hope that makes sense.

Feel free to PM me for any further info - will always try to respond and clarify any confusion.

Does TWT handle the stock/sales from the ‘local” store now too? I recently (The past week) sent someone over there looking for a carbon QR fork....i hope they are not going to have a challenging experience when it comes to actually getting their stuff now? I told them that it’s a reliable local online store and really hope I wasn't lying to them? Edited by morneS555

Does TWT handle the stock/sales from the ‘local” store now too? I recently (The past week) sent someone over there looking for a carbon QR fork....i hope they are not going to have a challenging experience when it comes to actually getting their stuff now? I told them that it’s a reliable local online store and really hope I wasn't lying to them?

what do you mean " local " store - TWT does not have a shop - it has a warehouse which stocks product - recently making that product available at retail pricing ( same as you would pay from a bike shop ) on their website - http://www.twowheelstrading.co.za / the pricing from TWT is the same as from ridefarr.com/za 

what do you mean " local " store - TWT does not have a shop - it has a warehouse which stocks product - recently making that product available at retail pricing ( same as you would pay from a bike shop ) on their website - http://www.twowheelstrading.co.za / the pricing from TWT is the same as from ridefarr.com/za

I sent someone to the local FARR web-store...a local online shop. Is that still fully operational on a local to SA basis?..as in stock is local? As in no worries at this stage about shipping, customs and vat. I assume it is but id rather be sure.

Thats what I meant about transparency. Please then make an official announcement/communication about the workings of the businesses going forward locally?. It creates uncertainty...and uncertainty is bad when it comes to typing in your credit card info onto a website imo.

Good Morning Fanie,

this is Oom Vic here  :clap:  - I am based in Perth , WA and have been for almost 2 years now - regular travels between the International Trade Shows and South Africa quarterly were the norm - pre this whole Covid19 mess!

With the GLOBAL site there is always the option to order and ship to SA, the shipping costs are of course the challenge - but no different to ordering from CRC / Wiggle or any other global online cycling website. Would love to offer SA DISCOUNTS or something similar to assist with this in the future  :thumbup:

Thanks for this post, refreshing to see such honesty and transparency in this day and age. I always wondered if the typist behind the "Farrnus" handle was the big boss or not.

edit: whilst we got you here, is the Morewood project/brand dead and buried? I understand that there might be legal issues and nothing can be stated publicly, respect that.

bit disappointed to hear you have packed and shipped off to Perth. I know its an upgrade from PE, but I think you can do better. Come back to Stellenbosch and we'll make sure you get looked after properly!

Edited by Shebeen

I sent someone to the local FARR web-store...a local online shop. Is that still fully operational on a local to SA basis?..as in stock is local? As in no worries at this stage about shipping, customs and vat. I assume it is but id rather be sure.

Thats what I meant about transparency. Please then make an official announcement/communication about the workings of the businesses going forward locally?. It creates uncertainty...and uncertainty is bad when it comes to typing in your credit card info onto a website imo.

that is the reason for the intro page - giving customers the chance to view the SA site ( which has SA stock ) or INTERNATIONAL ( which has Australia stock ) --- it is by no means a perfect system but to answer your question, yes, if they visit SA site, the stock on offer there is physically in South Africa and available. 

adding FARR to the TWT stable does complicate things, but was done to allow customers the option to support their local bike shop and purchase via them instead of direct. It is all about choices and options. 

in terms of "official statement " nothing changes - business as usual in a "Covid 2020 world " for all entities and each business has adapted to the new economy in a positive way. not sure what else you want me to say - it is an ever evolving marketplace. 

Thanks for this post, refreshing to see such honesty and transparency in this day and age. I always wondered if the typist behind the "Farrnus" handle was the big boss or not.

edit: whilst we got you here, is the Morewood project/brand dead and buried? I understand that there might be legal issues and nothing can be stated publicly, respect that.

bit disappointed to hear you have packed and shipped off to Perth. I know its an upgrade from PE, but I think you can do better. Come back to Stellenbosch and we'll make sure you get looked after properly!

thanks - we getting a little off-topic on here, especially the Morewood Bikes reference - guess that is a separate post for another day  :thumbup:  - so here is a pic of my current ride 

post-121972-0-27545100-1596450870_thumb.jpg