Farr - Endurance Inspired Bike Solutions

Farrnus

thanks - we getting a little off-topic on here, especially the Morewood Bikes reference - guess that is a separate post for another day  :thumbup:  - so here is a pic of my current ride 

Oom Vic

what's that around the top tube.....

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks - we getting a little off-topic on here, especially the Morewood Bikes reference - guess that is a separate post for another day  :thumbup:  - so here is a pic of my current ride 

no worries mate!

I sent you some love on the Muna thread

snip

not sure what else you want me to say - it is an ever evolving marketplace. 

Thanks

Will new stock be brought in? or is it a case now of selling off whats left locally? 

is this basically the end of the FARR brand in SA (local availability at least), or will TWT become a SA distributor for FARR OZ stock?

But then what stock? obviously not the frames like you already hinted at.

Which sucks i guess....since we were teased and asked for input on them just a few pages ago on this or the other farr thread on here. Only components then? 

PS..i'm asking these questions for everyone and for clarity going forward. No hard feelings.

Thanks

Will new stock be brought in? or is it a case now of selling off whats left locally? 

is this basically the end of the FARR brand in SA (local availability at least), or will TWT become a SA distributor for FARR OZ stock?

Which sucks i guess....since we were teased and asked for input on them just a few pages ago on this or the other farr thread on here. Only components then? 

PS..i'm asking these questions for everyone and for clarity going forward. No hard feelings.

Would be nice to know what is what .... last week I recommended FARR products to a newbie .... now wondering if they can even get hold of it locally anymore.

NO hard feelings.  

Things change, thats life.

GLAD that they were able to move their business with them.  Not many in the same position ....  

Wishing you all of the best "down under".   :thumbup:

Thanks

it really depends on sales and how/if TWT thinks they can justify importing the minimum order quantities to sell in SA - this is a business afterall? looking at rate of sale on some items in the FARR range there are many items that would/should not have been ordered. that is how you live and learn.

if TWT did not want to stock the range, then it becomes available to another distributor who wants to do it in the SA market. as  mentioned FARR is a totally separate company and brand.

the new frame-kits have MOQ's which we can just hit by doing the Global Order - SA market will not be able to do those numbers - we have track records to prove this.

So again, why not just order what you want from the Global Site - like you would any Global brand that you want/need/love/have-to-have? I would love to have every shape/size/color that we make in stock for that 1 sale we might get - but that is not good business practice and the reason many ventures go belly up!

how many frames would you like to order - maybe we could ship a bunch to SA - saving on shipping costs? but probably best to communicate via the website e-mail with that info - instead of making this thread a personal purchase discussion. there are shipping costs regardless - whether we ship from factory to SA or from factory to AUS.

you will always be able to get hold of FARR product - as long as you have an internet connection and a credit card to purchase. we are now also working with a few distributors in key markets that include UK, France, Japan, Netherlands, Italy and more in the pipeline - could be an option to purchase from them too. there are always options to get niche products into SA - just look at some of the cool stuff we see here on BikeHub - brands that are not " commercially viable " for traditional distribution models but are still imported/bought by SA cyclists. 

it really depends on sales and how/if TWT thinks they can justify importing the minimum order quantities to sell in SA - this is a business afterall? looking at rate of sale on some items in the FARR range there are many items that would/should not have been ordered. that is how you live and learn.

if TWT did not want to stock the range, then it becomes available to another distributor who wants to do it in the SA market. as mentioned FARR is a totally separate company and brand.

the new frame-kits have MOQ's which we can just hit by doing the Global Order - SA market will not be able to do those numbers - we have track records to prove this.

So again, why not just order what you want from the Global Site - like you would any Global brand that you want/need/love/have-to-have? I would love to have every shape/size/color that we make in stock for that 1 sale we might get - but that is not good business practice and the reason many ventures go belly up!

how many frames would you like to order - maybe we could ship a bunch to SA - saving on shipping costs? but probably best to communicate via the website e-mail with that info - instead of making this thread a personal purchase discussion. there are shipping costs regardless - whether we ship from factory to SA or from factory to AUS.

you will always be able to get hold of FARR product - as long as you have an internet connection and a credit card to purchase. we are now also working with a few distributors in key markets that include UK, France, Japan, Netherlands, Italy and more in the pipeline - could be an option to purchase from them too. there are always options to get niche products into SA - just look at some of the cool stuff we see here on BikeHub - brands that are not " commercially viable " for traditional distribution models but are still imported/bought by SA cyclists.

I feel like you are avoiding the straightforward/blunt questions i’m asking, but also in doing so gave the answer. ????????

So its true then, FARR SA is/ will be no more. Stock is being sold off and wont be replenished. ( ive heard rumors from a few sources)

Thanks for being open about it I guess....

Edited by morneS555

I feel like you are avoiding the straightforward/blunt questions i’m asking, but also in doing so gave the answer. [emoji23][emoji56]

So its true then, FARR SA is/ will be no more. Stock is being sold off and wont be replenished. ( ive heard rumors from a few sources)

Thanks for being open about it I guess....

We'll just have to wait and see 'n f any new stuff makes it's way to SA without being a special order from OZ then. Edited by PhilipV

I don't really see how its relevant?

Farr has always offered great service and came with innovative products at a great price.

If they are based in Aus, then they are based in Aus.

If Farr SA ceases to exist is that bad? I'm glad it's become sustainable Oom Vic. Congrats.

South Africans as a whole are a strange lot. We honestly don't sell the volume in any sort of numbers for steel/boutique brands to bring in ranges, then whinge when we can't get hold of stock to browse, then import a Gorilla Gravity frame anyway because said stock item is too generic or too expensive anyway.

Cotic SA failed, On-One SA failed, the Contraband failed, the Banshee lot failed... Momsen STR/STF never sold in any volume.... Countless more who answered the call of the boutique crowd then weren't supported well enough to create a viable business.

In the end, money talks and sustainability in a business depends on that. I think Oom Vic has been about as open and honest about his development and business as anyone could expect. He isn't an NGO/NPO.

It's starting to feel a bit personal which takes away all the cool stuff Farr have done and offered.

I don't really see how its relevant?

snip

It's starting to feel a bit personal which takes away all the cool stuff Farr have done and offered.

It really isnt, i promise (re getting personal). And i have absolutely zero issue with them moving the company offshore...it makes total sense after heating they(Companies) were all related in some form.

I had questions that were seemingly being dodged and i just wanted non-politician answers so to speak. In the end you are right...it doesn't matter one bit.

It did irk me a bit that i proudly referred people to the local webstore recently, without knowing it is in transition though. That is just fair. Those same people have said that communication has been a bit slow. After these revelations it is more clear why. That Literally is all and it is what it is.

I’ll admit that after receiving a few PM’s after my initial questions I had more ‘motivation’‘ (to get an answer) which I got in the end. Via Mr Farnus or some PM’s I got. I’ve never had issues with being the one asking the hard questions on everyones behalf. So i did.

Anyhow. Again...no hard feelings.

post-64325-0-97060400-1596521164_thumb.jpeg

Edited by morneS555

• 3 months later...

ANy contact for a local Agent. Need to discuss some product failures. Direct DM me or drop a contact #.

momsen, TWT, farr

they are all family

ANy contact for a local Agent. Need to discuss some product failures. Direct DM me or drop a contact #.

Pick any one of these....they are the same people apparently as per that post.

Best bet probably TWT since they were active on here last and are still every now and then. Also the same address. The others are MIA somewhere in OZ....at least recently in context of local forum support.

Edit:

http://www.twowheelstrading.co.za/

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/profile/29147

Edited by morneS555

The golden days of exceptional FARR service is now in Australia ....

Now it is just another imported product with minimal backup ....

The golden days of exceptional FARR service is now in Australia ....

Now it is just another imported product with minimal backup ....

Complacency always has a way to come full circle and bite you in the butt though...

Let them do them. It’s their prerogative.

Also, going by the momsen thread the poster has quality/comms issues re momsen products too. So it seems across the board.

Anyway, meh, nit even worth typing this lol

Thanks will contact TWT

Just getting a bit annoyed that you spend money and then once it is done you are treated like a lepper until you want to spend money again.  

But yes I don't think it is isolated.

Was hoping that due to situation service might get better but appears only getting worse.

And the products are also on a downhill trend.

I would like to give them the option of right to reply and the sad part is I have to come here to try and get a reaction as all other paths are ignored.

Thanks will contact TWT

Just getting a bit annoyed that you spend money and then once it is done you are treated like a lepper until you want to spend money again.  

But yes I don't think it is isolated.

Was hoping that due to situation service might get better but appears only getting worse.

And the products are also on a downhill trend.

I would like to give them the option of right to reply and the sad part is I have to come here to try and get a reaction as all other paths are ignored.

I had some success contacting them on their international website. Shouldn't have to, but perhaps an option?