Gauteng Trails - Ride alone?

Clazst

Need to know which trail is safe to ride alone. 

There are too many trails, not too sure whereabout good to go and ride. 

Your feedback will be great. 

Buffelsdrift trail park - AWESOME trails, great variety of single track and jeep track, you can now do about 90km there. In terms of safety I rode there alone regularly for two years and I have never had a single issue or heard of anyone that has had issues.

Rosemary Hill - 30km of very tame and flat single track. No tech or hills, but a very pleasant ride on manicured trails (and when I say manicured I mean properly manicured). Also extremely safe.

Wolvespruit Trail Park - probably my favourite trails in Gauteng. Not very long (about 20km), but there is a good variety if tech and flow trails. All single track, nice challenging climbs. Also very safe. And added bonus is that you can ride until 9pm on a Tuesday, so very nice for after work.

Hakahana - The trails to go to if you like techy, rocky trails. Definitely aimed at the Enduro crowd. Also have not heard of any safety issues, but I have not personally ridden alone at Haka.

Northern Farms, Avianto and Cradle Moon, I have ridden solo a few times at all of these trails and have never had any issue at all.

Buffelsdrift trail park - AWESOME trails, great variety of single track and jeep track, you can now do about 90km there. In terms of safety I rode there alone regularly for two years and I have never had a single issue or heard of anyone that has had issues.

Rosemary Hill - 30km of very tame and flat single track. No tech or hills, but a very pleasant ride on manicured trails (and when I say manicured I mean properly manicured). Also extremely safe.

Wolvespruit Trail Park - probably my favourite trails in Gauteng. Not very long (about 20km), but there is a good variety if tech and flow trails. All single track, nice challenging climbs. Also very safe. And added bonus is that you can ride until 9pm on a Tuesday, so very nice for after work.

Hakahana - The trails to go to if you like techy, rocky trails. Definitely aimed at the Enduro crowd. Also have not heard of any safety issues, but I have not personally ridden alone at Haka.

Where is buffelsdrift?

Edited by Dexter-morgan

I ride Wolwespruit in the week alone quite often never had an issue. It is fully enclosed.

On the weekends it is either Northern Farms which is very safe as there's always someone else cycling, or Big Red Barn, the trails are not very techy but still fun and it tends to get quite busy on the weekends (safety in numbers).

That is great, I'll give a ride on every trail. Thank you guys!!

Modderfontein as mentioned elsewhere - very safe and central. Also safe parking, good toilets...

Thaba - just don't fall on the rocky section... it could take a few days before someone come past!