Jonkershoek attack/robbed?

JAVSA02

So what happened?

Did perps stop the ladies and demanded their possessions? We're they armed?

Or did they just harass the ladies and the ladies felt threatened?

Because either way, if someone made anyone feel threatened, then it's not on and it needs to be sorted out.

Harassment of anybody is never ok.

I didn't witness the incident nor hear about it first hand, so can't add any factual details, just heard about it from someone who heard what the women said to the security patrol.

Harassment of anybody is never ok.

I didn't witness the incident nor hear about it first hand, so can't add any factual details, just heard about it from someone who heard what the women said to the security patrol.

Please relay what was said, to stop any more possible conjecture.

• 9 months later...

Sorry to drag up this old thread again, but it came up on a search. Saffer living in the Netherlands for the last couple of years, coming for a holiday later this year and trying to decide if I should bring my bike(yt jeffsy 29). I have gotten very used to riding wherever in the alps, or anywhere else for the matter, trips to winterberg in DE or the massive trail network in the Ardennes mountains in BE, etc without ever thinking of my own safety, often riding alone. How is Jonkershoek lately? Safe to ride? I would love to ride there again during my holiday.

Sorry to drag up this old thread again, but it came up on a search. Saffer living in the Netherlands for the last couple of years, coming for a holiday later this year and trying to decide if I should bring my bike(yt jeffsy 29). I have gotten very used to riding wherever in the alps, or anywhere else for the matter, trips to winterberg in DE or the massive trail network in the Ardennes mountains in BE, etc without ever thinking of my own safety, often riding alone. How is Jonkershoek lately? Safe to ride? I would love to ride there again during my holiday.

100% safe on your own - I haven't heard of any incidents inside the Jonkershoek Nature Reserve, and I ride there alone quite often. There have been incidents on the road to Jonkers (very few), so if you wanna be 100% sure of your safety just drive to the gate and ride from there. Trails have been brilliantly upgraded over the last two years. Well worth it to bring your bike along.

R50 for a day permit.