Looking for an orthopedic surgeon in Johannesburg

My SO had a crash at Sabie Experience this weekend and needs a shoulder operation.

Any recommendations ?

I am having a shoulder operation on Thursday. Dr Kastanos at Linksfield is doing it. Also a cyclist. A couple of hubbers ride with him. 

Dr Laubscher at Rosebank Clinic. He does all the Bok players and also fixed my shoulder after another guy stuffed it up.

www.shoulder.co.za

Fixed my shoulder too. 1 x vote from me.

Dr De Lange at the Linmed in Benoni has reassembled my shoulder on two occasions . 

He would get my recommendation . 

Dr Walter Stuart in Craighall/Blairgowrie. He did my hand and when I broke my clavicle, he sorted it out.  

just make sure you find the right one...my wife had an op on he foot last year (Doc came highly recommended) ...then the problems started...back to the Doc...he indicated that they need to cut and shorten the other 4 toes to fix the problem...i suggested she get a second opinion.

2 weeks ago back in for another op...today they pull out the wires holding the toes together...lets hope the other doctor got it right this time...it sounds like he managed to "fix" the cause of the other problem.

thank goodness for medical aid and top up cover and the top for the top up cover....negotiations with the sleep doctor ( do this prior to the op not while waiting to go into theatre the op as many people do) ...the bone doctor and the rest of the bills....she is only in for a couple thousand out her own pocket...again for this op. 

makes sure to you are aware of "all" the costs...and makes sure the list of medication used is what they used and not sent back for a "credit" 

also check with the doctor what pain meds are prescribed for after the op...before you go in for the op and makes sure they understand how they will give it to you... needle or oral or other.