I think I need a bra strap.

Lately I have been struggle by with my heart rate monitor strap slipping during exercise.

I have finally lost my tummy and now the strap is constantly slipping down. It’s annoying.

Especially when running or doing cardio training at the gym

Anyone else have the same issue?

Was thinking of taking an old bra of my wife’s and sewing the straps onto the hrm to create some sort of over shoulder holder or maybe buying a cheap kiddy suspender set to try do the same thing?

No, I will not be giving back my man card.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lately I have been struggle by with my heart rate monitor strap slipping during exercise.

I have finally lost my tummy and now the strap is constantly slipping down. It’s annoying.

Was thinking of taking an old bra of my wife’s and sewing the straps onto the hrm to create some sort of over shoulder holder or maybe buying a cheap kiddy suspender set to try do the same thing?

No we insist, please give the man card back.

had the same issue

the new generation polar straps have some extra "rubber bits" giving some extra grip.

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/polar-pro-chest-strap/4003

vlcsnap-2017-01-05-10h31m49s200.png

the strap works with my garmin and powecal units, but I had to trim the rubber around the contacts

Does you HRM's strap have silicone 1 side?

Edit: Someone just posted a bit faster what I've suggested.

Edited by DubbelBuys

I used to battle with this a lot, as a climber and paddler having slightly developed lats makes the issue even worse.

I switched to wrist based HR monitor a while back and I will never ever wear a hr strap again. as for the accuracy it was within 5% of my old HR strap readings when I wore both for a wattbike session so all good. Plus you never need to clean it and never forget your strap again.

Thanks guys. I use a Fenix 5x which has built in hr. But I find with hiit it is a little inaccurate. So hence the reason for using a chest strap.

Glad to see I was not alone in this.

I will give the suspenders a try and also might try some kinesio tape to hold it down. See which one is best.

Keep the ideas coming. Maybe there is something better...

I can only imagine that if the pro athletes, that are really skinny, manage to keep the HR-monitor up it might be that yours are maybe a bit worn out/over stretched too much? Perhaps time for a new one?

you might not be the only one with this problem but you seem to be the only one that wants to use this as a reason to wear women's underwear  ????

Your wife is going to MOER you if you cut up her bras !!!!

Is the elastic of the HR monitor stretched ?

Maybe you just need a new strap ?