tacx neo smart trainer

Good Morning 

I have just purchased a neo smart trainer is there anyone who can assist me with how to turn on the road feel setting .

i would also like to know what other users are using for their training with regards software ect ect . I have heard alot about Zwift and sufferest and have looked at the taxc app that comes with a subscription . 

please could someone give me advice .

the communication to tacx in denmark is very slow and they take a day before they answer.

many thanks 

The road feel only works in programs that support it.  I haven't read about it recently but back when I bought my Neo the only app that supported it was Zwift.

If you like the entertainment/social aspect of it, I'd go with Zwift.  Try it anyway as they have a free trial that will give you a good feel for it.  Zwift also has a decent set of in-house training programmes and workouts that you can use in the ERG mode your Neo does so well.

If you are more disciplined and less socially inclined, get Trainerroad.  I can't imagine a better way to get faster than to do a full base-build-specialize program on Trainerroad.  It's boring but will make you stronger quickly.

From what I've read the Tacx software is fairly outdated so I never even tried it.

You'll need a PC/Mac with USB Ant+ dongle or newish iPhone/iPad/AppleTV.

Read this long article to familiarize yourself with the trainer:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/09/trainer-everything-wanted.html

It might also need a firmware update. It works well with my Tacx software.

thanks will check the firmware 

The road feel only works in programs that support it.  I haven't read about it recently but back when I bought my Neo the only app that supported it was Zwift.

If you like the entertainment/social aspect of it, I'd go with Zwift.  Try it anyway as they have a free trial that will give you a good feel for it.  Zwift also has a decent set of in-house training programmes and workouts that you can use in the ERG mode your Neo does so well.

If you are more disciplined and less socially inclined, get Trainerroad.  I can't imagine a better way to get faster than to do a full base-build-specialize program on Trainerroad.  It's boring but will make you stronger quickly.

From what I've read the Tacx software is fairly outdated so I never even tried it.

You'll need a PC/Mac with USB Ant+ dongle or newish iPhone/iPad/AppleTV.

Read this long article to familiarize yourself with the trainer:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/09/trainer-everything-wanted.html

thanks for the advice much appreciated i am more discipline my fiance more social so i will have to convince her that the Zwift will have to wait . I did upgrade my pc and got the smart upgrade with the dongle and the handlebar controller so that side is all sorted just trying to find my way around and see what works best for us . I appreciate the advice its always good to hear from others and yea DCrainmaker has awesome reviews thanks again  :clap:

thanks for the advice much appreciated i am more discipline my fiance more social so i will have to convince her that the Zwift will have to wait . I did upgrade my pc and got the smart upgrade with the dongle and the handlebar controller so that side is all sorted just trying to find my way around and see what works best for us . I appreciate the advice its always good to hear from others and yea DCrainmaker has awesome reviews thanks again  :clap:

Went through precisely the same thing with the missus but she ended up winning  :wacko:

Zwift has these scheduled group exercises and she loves them even more than she used to love spinning classes.  They have Discord rooms set up so the group riders can chat away while pedaling.

https://zwift.com/events/

The list of workouts has grown a lot (still can't touch Trainerroad by a long shot) and should continue to as users are creating a lot of content for them.  You can also build your own custom workouts.

https://whatsonzwift.com/workouts/