Best Smart trainer

Patchelicious

Best Smart Trainer  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the current best smart trainer from those who have used these?

• Tacx 2800 Neo Smart - R21k
    • Tacx 2900 Flux Smart - R12k
    • Wahoo KICKR 3 - R22k

Recommended Retail for the:

KICKR 3 - R17,999 incl VAT and free delivery

(included 11 speed cassette and RPM Cadence sensor)

KICKR SNAP 2 - R8,999 incl VAT and Free delivery 

Can you update the pricing?

Looking at the flux you are minus the Cassette and cadence sensor which comes in at R1500 - R2000 worth of value. Something you will need to fork out at a stage. Comparing apples with Apples the flux will cost you around R14,000 compared to the R17,999 KICKR 3. 

Also check compatibility on TACX products for Boost/Through Axle 

At that price definitely KICKR 3

No you don't need a cadence sensor for either of the Tacx units, it detects your cadence based on variance in your pedal stroke as measured at the hub. You do need a cassette though.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the inputs, poll here and poll twitter plus Christians great offer = KICKR it is :)

You won't be disappointed. Brilliant trainer.

My only observation is ERG mode does some SERIOUS power smoothing. But that's it. Love it otherwise.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

curveball?

Wattbike?

But why?

It's very expensive, heavy and has a massive Q factor completely different to a road bike. A direct drive smart trainer is definitely the way to go... Plus you get to ride your own bike!

curveball?

Wattbike?

At least 3 times the price of a Kickr 3, is classified as a ‘dumb’ trainer, and all the other reasons already mentioned...

Have decided to pull the trigger.

I know that the "best" are the two more expensive ones, but are they twice as good as the FLUX?

Since There are special deals on the kickr Gen2 for R15999 that would make the kickr 2 a gr8 option. If it's good enough for Team sky then it's good enough for me

I would stalk you on Zwift, but I won't be able to catch you!   ;)

I have ridden my only 4 times in the last 2 months.... At the moment even somebody with a Camelbak, bar ends and short socks would be able to catch me :P

I am picking up my wahoo kicker on Monday.........R 15 000 and the lbs is going to make sure my 10 speed campagnolo is perfectly set up to change smoothly!

Great service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk