Accommodation and trails near Wellington

SteveP

Hi guys

We go on a boys MTB weekend from CT about every 3 months or so, and usually go to Oaklane near Grabouw. We're looking for a change, and are thinking about either Eselfontein Eco Huts, although it is a bit far, so are looking at Welvanpas / Wellington area.

Anyone know of a good spot for between 4 and 8 guys near the trails, and are there nice routes besides Welvanpas? I assume the trails are in good shape after the Epic, and perhaps even some new ones?

Still see that the yellow and black routes at Welvanpas sadly remain closed due to a dispute with the neighbouring farmer. 

Advice from all you Bainskloof / Wellington riders / locals much appreciated.

thanks

steve

Edited by SteveP

I'd base myself in Paarl. The place is an ants nest of accommodation options. And eatery options galore.

Around paarl you can get to Welvanpas, Boschendal, Taal monument and the banhoek trails easily. Oh and Franschhoek trails.

You can even shuttle the Taal monument road if you guys are looking for something different.

But do yourself a favor, go do Eselfontein one weekend. It's totally worth the drive.

Edited by PhilipV