The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start off with a serious request... please keep in mind though that the most bicycle related diy i've done was to take off all my mtb components, regreasing all the bearings and some seals and swopped out a cassette.

I'd like to experiment with building a workable track bike, or even a road bike with a new 105 groupset. If anyone have cheap (because experimenting and also finances) but fair frames/wheels for either of these, I'd be pleased to have a look!

edit: forgot to add I'm +- 186cm, so probably a large. Also wouldn't mind building a bike for my sister who is about uh, 170cm or something.

so u want a new to u bike?

Pay attention when you read something. Look at my bold sentence above. 

I'm asking to buy a cheap frame because of my finances.

In need off cycling shoes siz6 6/10 for two off our disadvantage riders pm me thanks in advance

I'll start off with a serious request... please keep in mind though that the most bicycle related diy i've done was to take off all my mtb components, regreasing all the bearings and some seals and swopped out a cassette.

I'd like to experiment with building a workable track bike, or even a road bike with a new 105 groupset. If anyone have cheap (because experimenting and also finances) but fair frames/wheels for either of these, I'd be pleased to have a look!

edit: forgot to add I'm +- 186cm, so probably a large. Also wouldn't mind building a bike for my sister who is about uh, 170cm or something.

What bike are you looking at building for your sister? I have a Bianchi c2c Nirone that’s hanging around the garage, it’s got a carbon fork and rear , size medium. Let me know

Getting with the program here  :thumbup:

Repairing some older track bikes at the track.

Looking for the following

Track wheels, rims, hubs

27mm Seat tubes -For steel frames

29mm Seat clamps

Managed to get some done with donations from club 100

Couple more to go though. This is for a good cause guys.

Edited by Rolling Stone

Getting with the program here :thumbup:

Repairing some older track bikes at the track.

Looking for the following

Track wheels, rims, hubs

26mm Seat tubes -For steel frames

29mm Seat clamps

Managed to get some done with donations from club 100

Couple more to go though. This is for a good cause guys.

If you can tell me where I could find these

shops don’t seem to stock these any more

What bike are you looking at building for your sister? I have a Bianchi c2c Nirone that’s hanging around the garage, it’s got a carbon fork and rear , size medium. Let me know

Hi Ryan's dad. At this point I'm eager to assemble anything that she can do the 94.7 on. I'm going to drag her out to Suikberbosrand as soon as she gets fit enough :devil: 

I should probably have typed it more clearly that the track bike tinkering/road bike would be built for myself and a simple road bike for my sis.

Edited by Dirkitect

Hi Ryan's dad. At this point I'm eager to assemble anything that she can do the 94.7 on. I'm going to drag her out to Suikberbosrand as soon as she gets fit enough :devil: 

I should probably have typed it more clearly that the track bike tinkering/road bike would be built for myself and a simple road bike for my sis.

I have a nice, slightly older road bike hanging in the BOMB garage. The left shifter is blown (me thinks) and maybe you need to fix a puncture or 2. Give me a Private Message if you are interested to come and have a look. Have a look at what we do: facebook.com/BOMBcenturion

Does anyone have a broken SRAM mech? need a small part off one thats impossible to order,(B-tension plate)

Thanks

Edited by Mongooser

Does anyone have a broken SRAM mech? need a small part off one thats impossible to order,(B-tension plate)

Thanks

Can you post a pic of the part, I have one or 2 laying around ....

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Anyone have some large/xl cycle shirts they don't use anymore?

Looking to kit out a friend who wants to get started. Let me know?