The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can find a 31.6mm to 34.9mm Seatpost shim? I have a 31.9mm dropper post I want to put on my bike but my bike needs a 34.9mm seatpost.

The difference is quite big, should be able to make one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for a pair of used flat pedals. I ride with clipless pedals so I don't really want to spend a lot on flat pedals, I really only want it to practice manuals and to learn how to properly bunny-hop.

Looking for 104bcd chainring that's not Narrow-Wide (30,32,34,36T all fine).  Need it to convert to singlespeed with a half link chain.  I had some but got rid of them as I though I'd never need them.

*Shimano FH-M590 freehub/compatible FH*

Any chance someone might have a freehub body for an old (non-disk) deore FH-M590 rear hub??? Or even the hub (32h)?? Mine is kaput and I can’t find the part other than on import at HUGE cost.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for 104bcd chainring that's not Narrow-Wide (30,32,34,36T all fine).  Need it to convert to singlespeed with a half link chain.  I had some but got rid of them as I though I'd never need them.

Have a 36T for R250...never used. Postage R99. So R349.00

post-10089-0-13309800-1535711231_thumb.jpeg

I built up my new bike mostly but haven't bought a dropper post yet. Wanted to check my fit on the bike before buying anything but my LBS loaned out a bike that had a seatpost on that I was going to borrow for the weekend. 

Is there anyone here (Melville/JHB) that can loan me a seatpost for a day or two in exchange for a six pack?

Pretty please, it sucks having a brand new bike that I can't ride and all the seatposts I have are 31.6mm

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a spare (second hand) rockshox lockout lever lying around? Mine is kaput/unrepairable. Need it for my commute bike. Can't justify the price of a new one.

post-3682-0-62005700-1537428859_thumb.png

does anyone maybe have a old 100mm 26er fork floating around i can buy off you or something?

Maybe I have a Fox 26er fork that i havent used much because I changed over to a 120mm It's T/A and  tapered.Steerer is 21cm, I think. .I'll have to take out of storage and send u pics

Morning All,

Looking for a couple of used road tyres.... dont need anything fancy and not to concerned about wear.... i just want to use them on the IDT.

I am in Kensington,JHB. There are some beers in it for bribery purposes.

• 2 months later...

Morning All,

Looking for a couple of used road tyres.... dont need anything fancy and not to concerned about wear.... i just want to use them on the IDT.

I am in Kensington,JHB. There are some beers in it for bribery purposes.

Missed this one.

Think I have a brand new set 20mm that I am not going to use

let me know.

I am in Pretoria