The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

Hi guys

I am looking for:

• 9 speed shifter (right)
  • Front Derailleur (3x9) 

I have a XT 3x (9sp) front derailleur for you.  Recently took it off my daughters bike.  Used it with dual control brake levers, still using those unfortunately.  PM me if you interested in the derailleur.

Edit:  Also have a XT 9sp rear derailleur that I'm not going to use.

Edited by Theog

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for a 26 inch front wheel, QR, with disc hub and maybe a tire (even crossmarks or small block etc will work), if any one has one going begging.

Trying to keep a mates bike running. I can build up a wheel if you have some components.

Doing deals on the fly like this without running them past Morne is playing with fire. 

hahahahaha I have sold/given away/swapped for sweeties SO many things replying to guys commenting on various threads that they want/need/are thinking of something I have lying around.

I get to avoid the firing squad on the other thread!

Thanks Jewbacca, appreciate your response but I am unfortunately bankrupt at the moment due to vet bills....

Where are you based? Ping me a PM. I will send you some pictures. You can decide if you want it. We can swap it for rotors or a red velvet cake or you can take it and just pay me whenever.

Doing deals on the fly like this without running them past Morne is playing with fire.

hahahahaha I have sold/given away/swapped for sweeties SO many things replying to guys commenting on various threads that they want/need/are thinking of something I have lying around.

I get to avoid the firing squad on the other thread!

post-64325-0-87574400-1606838617.gif

Unfortunately not ... I came here now looking to see if it was still available as I have corrupted my one riding partner who has a On One SS that was interested in getting the Tan Walls for his bike.

#TanWalls4TheWin

Hahahaha to go with his saddle bag???

Where are you based? Ping me a PM. I will send you some pictures. You can decide if you want it. We can swap it for rotors or a red velvet cake or you can take it and just pay me whenever.

PM sent !

OK so this is just about perfect for this thread...

I bought a second hand road bike a while back and it came with one of those cateye cycle computers. I wasn't expecting it to be with the bike I bought and its really not fancy (like R250 or something)... but what can I say, I've grown fond of it. But the only problem is, the magnet that sits in the spokes is missing. It didn't come with the bike.  

I know that any magnet will do, but I'm not about to duct-tape a fridge magnet to my spokes. 

So there must be somebody out there with an old cateye magnet lying around... sitting in a bedside table next to that foreign currency left over from your last holiday, some defunct cellphone chargers and an odd number of cufflinks. 

Replacements cost R90, so:

1. if you have one of these
  2. live less than R90 worth of petrol away from stellenbosch 
  3. are happy to give it away...

then please let me know. 

I bought a second hand road bike a while back and it came with one of those cateye cycle computers. I wasn't expecting it to be with the bike I bought and its really not fancy (like R250 or something)... but what can I say, I've grown fond of it. But the only problem is, the magnet that sits in the spokes is missing. It didn't come with the bike.  

I know that any magnet will do, but I'm not about to duct-tape a fridge magnet to my spokes. 

So there must be somebody out there with an old cateye magnet lying around... sitting in a bedside table next to that foreign currency left over from your last holiday, some defunct cellphone chargers and an odd number of cufflinks. 

then please let me know. 

Yikes, I have a baggie full of them in my toolbox. Just a tad more than R90 worth of petrol from you though.

then please let me know. 

Dm me you postnet details i will send you a few i will cover the postage.

Can send Jewbacca a  box of Smarties as payment.

Hi there, if anyone has a 34T, 96bcd, narrow-wide chainring, I will gladly swap it for a 32T. It's for a DEORE crank.

P.S; I don't mind paying a few hundred bucks for it.

Regards Judah.

Hi there, if anyone has a 34T, 96bcd, narrow-wide chainring, I will gladly swap it for a 32T. It's for a DEORE crank.

P.S; I don't mind paying a few hundred bucks for it.

Regards Judah.

I have a XT 3x (9sp) front derailleur for you.  Recently took it off my daughters bike.  Used it with dual control brake levers, still using those unfortunately.  PM me if you interested in the derailleur.

Edit:  Also have a XT 9sp rear derailleur that I'm not going to use.

Thanks, but i already got sorted with Ridr.