The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea? It does not look like they operate in SA but I could be wrong. 

Do bell not still have the trade-in policy on their cracked helmets?

I have no idea? It does not look like they operate in SA but I could be wrong. 

If you have the receipt you can take the helmet to where it was bought, they should offer you a "crash replacement" where a certain amount of discount is offered on a replacement helmet. Perhaps give the shop a call and check if they can give some info on this.

I took a damaged bell back to the store of purchase a few years ago in pietermaritzburg. Got hit by a car!

The store got approval from the agents and I had a credit towards a new lid.

I didn't have the receipt but had a relationship with the store.

So yes, go and ask.

Edited by BMXER

I have most of those items mentioned, at the end of the month I will have a lot more. You're welcome to send me a dm so we can make some plans. 

Sorry, should've started with that. in need of :

Frames-any

Forks- Mostly 26er

BB

Cranks

V-Brakes sets

Cables - all inner and outer

Steerer tube caps

Tyres

Tubes

Seats

Rims-Wheels

Bell and Giro, 3 years with proof of purchase. Replacement cost of 40% or something like that.

Spez too. ( My wife has made use of this a couple of times...dont ask.)

Spez too. ( My wife has made use of this a couple of times...dont ask.)

one thing Spaz do very well is cover you with warranty options should your failure qualify

Hi!

I have a Bell MIPS Youth helmet that I would like to give away.

Note: I (I have a small head) fell on a single track a couple of weeks ago and the helmet has two tiny cracks on the side. This is a hazard and that is why I am not willing to ride with it anymore as we ride on various terrains and "safety first"... But I think this will be okay for a kid and not worth it to throw away.

At Sportmans: https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/bell-nomad-youth-mips-helmet/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwpdqDBhCSARIsAEUJ0hOjEIWEr_OVhZbKQYXaSKQK1flx2aid-wEjp6Hn5TstOu310BTRNW8aAv5KEALw_wcB

Collection/courier will be on your account, photos attached.

If you don't do a crash replacement, please throw it away.

A compromised helmet is unsafe, for kids as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hubbers,

I'm endlessly looking for a front derailleur clamp, 28.6mm for braze-on derailleurs?
Really struggling to find one anywhere

...either that or a shim adapter that'll convert 28.6mm to 31.8mm.

Cheers 

post-95330-0-47871600-1619178985_thumb.jpeg

Hi! 

I have a Bell MIPS Youth helmet that I would like to give away. 

Note: I (I have a small head) fell on a single track a couple of weeks ago and the helmet has two tiny cracks on the side. This is a hazard and that is why I am not willing to ride with it anymore as we ride on various terrains and "safety first"... But I think this will be okay for a kid and not worth it to throw away.

Are kids expendable in your world?

Are kids expendable in your world?

What does one do with a broken helmet that you cannot trade in?

An oke riding down the road on his Humber special would be able to make use of it.Its better than nothing and he is not going to come down Hartebeespoort any time soon.

?

I have a few things for collection in Cape Town (PInelands) if anyone is interested. Would prefer that someone takes the lot. PM me if interested

Two used camelbaks (one bladder has a small leak by the fill hole), two pairs XL gloves (well used), used 32t NW ring (104 BCD), pack cover, arm protectors (size: M/L), ladies First Ascent bike shorts (size M), tyre repair tools (no plugs): 

post-62450-0-21846300-1619531792_thumb.jpg

Two Maxxis 29er tyres: Aggressor 2.3; Ikon 2.35. Both have been plugged once and I think could be revived with a bit of a repair. Both tyres still have good tread life left.

post-62450-0-06649700-1619532006_thumb.jpg

post-62450-0-54156400-1619532017_thumb.jpg

long shot, anyone got a old fox 32 f series lowers (26er qr) friends cracked his around the lower crown, 

hello all,

Does anyone in the Cape Town area perhaps have a set of tubeless 27.5 tyres they have been thinking of binning, please?