The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

Hi all 

Anyone have an old 175mm MTB crankset lying around? My Rapide set was faulty and covered by warranty. However, a month ago I was told it would take a month. Today I was told it would hopefully come the end of next month. That's 2 months without riding! Please help! I'll be happy to return it after my cranks arrive. 

Based in Cape Town 

Edited by FA

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/7/2021 at 3:34 PM, 117 said:

Anyone have a turning thingy to lock out a Rockshox Gold 30 fork (2014)? I have a remote lock out but I want to dump this system and go the manual root instead. Busy trying to unclutter the cockpit a bit

Any colour is great, willing to part with some beer coupons if needed

image.png.96a420b6637f565fdebb07a47c508196.png

Hump day bump ????

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a 650b enduro rim with 32 holes, if you have one to part with, I'll pay.

Cape town

On 9/20/2021 at 11:35 AM, Zarras said:

Two bike, clamp on bike carrier. 

Preferably someone that has a need for it and not going to sell(like the previous two okes-if you read this thread) 

I am driving up on Wednesday, to pta, if anyone wants it just pop me a whatsapp, nr is on my adds, will arrange accordingly. 

16321304131408217765807581602939.jpg

I will take it if it is still available. I am based in PTA east 

15 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I will take it if it is still available. I am based in PTA east 

Hay bud, 100%!! 

Pop me a whatsapp, i am in pta already but the rack is still in Stellies. 

You can just book a courier to pick it up on Monday or Tuesday, i will pop you my adress and you can just let me know when they will be picking up! 

38 minutes ago, Zarras said:

Hay bud, 100%!! 

Pop me a whatsapp, i am in pta already but the rack is still in Stellies. 

You can just book a courier to pick it up on Monday or Tuesday, i will pop you my adress and you can just let me know when they will be picking up! 

Fantastic, thank you very much. I will do so. I don't mind arranging the courier ????

Hi Guys, looking to change my SRAM 2x10 to a 1x10. Has anyone got a 34 or 36T 120 BCD chainring floating around that i can buy. Please drop us a PM if you do. Thanks in advance.

IMG20211002103759.jpg

17 hours ago, Styvie said:

Anyone got some lakker fat 700c gravel tyres that may still have some life in them ? Happy to pay ! 

How fat is fat? I have some 37c tyres I think...

8 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

How fat is fat? I have some 37c tyres I think...

That’s a lot more than what I’m on now mine are basically 32c cyclocross tyres ! Pm me ! Thanks for that man ! 

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone in Gauteng have a dropper lever available, budget of R400-500 depending on the lever, preferably under bar 

19 minutes ago, AkwA said:

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone in Gauteng have a dropper lever available, budget of R400-500 depending on the lever, preferably under bar 

Use an old left hand front shifter. Pop it open, remove the ratcheting mechanism spring and you sorted and you will probably get one for free from someone