The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

4 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Anybody have a 32 hole MTB rim in straight and round condition they no longer need? I need to do a rebuild, and the lab says no stock of anything.

26, 27.5 OR 29"

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, jokerman923@gmail.com said:

Hi there,

Im looking for a remote lockout that will fit my Rockshox Reba. I bought it with the shock bit installed, but not the remote switch.

Any help/advice woukd be appreciated 

20211009_105014.jpg

image.png.96a420b6637f565fdebb07a47c508196.png

I'm looking for a manual lock out tab thingy for a rock shock gold 30. I have the remote system but want to dump it to clear the cockpit clutter. 

We can trade if you find me one of them 

Does anyone have a busted up right hand side Campag super record STI lever as per the kiekie? My friend broke his last night

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-12 at 20.12.52.jpeg

It doesn't have to be busted up it can be a replacement as well. It's a 10 speed

Edited by RobertWhitehead
Added some more options

On 10/11/2021 at 2:24 PM, TNT1 said:

Ah, been a long Monday. 29.

I have 4..... 

But I'm in Cape Town. I think I have an old Crest, a Nukeproof 29mm ID and a set of 2 x roval alu narrow ones. 

Let me know if you need one and we can courier or find a lift

On 10/11/2021 at 2:03 PM, jokerman923@gmail.com said:

Hi there,

Im looking for a remote lockout that will fit my Rockshox Reba. I bought it with the shock bit installed, but not the remote switch.

Any help/advice woukd be appreciated 

20211009_105014.jpg

I have a rockshox dual remote. I've also seen a few poploc variants for sale for 300zar ish.

Pop me a message if you would like the dual 

37 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Does anyone have a busted up right hand side Campag super record STI lever as per the kiekie? My friend broke his last night

It doesn't have to be busted up it can be a replacement as well. It's a 10 speed

I'm wondering if that could be repaired.

I had 4 Campy FD where the plastic end part on the cage had broken - out of options other than ordering a complete cage i decided to go down the repair rabbit hole.

used a Dremel with 1.0mm drill and drilled some holes on both broken parts opposite each other - superglued the parts together to make sure they were lined up (Super glue doesn't fix or adhere strong enough BTW) pulled a strand out of a carbon weaved matt which is part of my carbon repair kit and threaded it through the holes a few times and tied it off - used the carbon repair resin and then wrapped it tight with electrical tape - left it overnight. next day i filed it all clean and painted it black - I swear the fix is stronger than the original considering the cage takes a fair amount of hammering and a few jammed chains during changing - they all still going strong after 4 years.

44 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I have a lever from a newer shape of Centaur shifters. Dont know if it will fit or work but you are wellcome to have it mahalla as i have no use for it. Im down in Cpt so you just need to cover the shipping to you.... ????B470B8F7-96F4-4E3B-A2CB-99EF6ACDFF8D.jpeg.90bd16df709d82228a77d4689c461007.jpeg

5 minutes ago, BogusOne said:

I have a lever from a newer shape of Centaur shifters. Dont know if it will fit or work but you are wellcome to have it mahalla as i have no use for it. Im down in Cpt so you just need to cover the shipping to you.... ????B470B8F7-96F4-4E3B-A2CB-99EF6ACDFF8D.jpeg.90bd16df709d82228a77d4689c461007.jpeg

Fantastic, thank you very much. I will gladly take it off your hands. 

8 minutes ago, madmarc said:

I'm wondering if that could be repaired.

I had 4 Campy FD where the plastic end part on the cage had broken - out of options other than ordering a complete cage i decided to go down the repair rabbit hole.

used a Dremel with 1.0mm drill and drilled some holes on both broken parts opposite each other - superglued the parts together to make sure they were lined up (Super glue doesn't fix or adhere strong enough BTW) pulled a strand out of a carbon weaved matt which is part of my carbon repair kit and threaded it through the holes a few times and tied it off - used the carbon repair resin and then wrapped it tight with electrical tape - left it overnight. next day i filed it all clean and painted it black - I swear the fix is stronger than the original considering the cage takes a fair amount of hammering and a few jammed chains during changing - they all still going strong after 4 years.

That's exactly what I told my friend as well. I actually suggested using an aluminum plate on the inside over the break along with some Epoxy ???? 

56 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

That's exactly what I told my friend as well. I actually suggested using an aluminum plate on the inside over the break along with some Epoxy ???? 

If you got that right with some Al plates, screws and resin - you would officially qualify as a Campy Orthopedic Surgeon ????  

Hey fellow Hubbers.

Hoping you can help.

I need a 27.2mm 400m seat post.

Doesn't need to be anything fancy, it's for a commuter build.

27 minutes ago, brendank30 said:

Hey fellow Hubbers.

Hoping you can help.

I need a 27.2mm 400m seat post.

Doesn't need to be anything fancy, it's for a commuter build.

Drop me a message

Hi folks, I'm looking for a shim/adapter to allow me to mount a 34.9mm derailleur clamp on a 28.6mm tube (ok my calipers said 29.3mm but I'm guessing that's paint as 28.6 is the standard size?). I've heard that you can make them out of aluminium cans, but I may as well try to get the real thing before going the McGuyver route. Apparently they used to be supplied with the FD if you bought one new, so I'm sure there are some lying around in drawer a man-cave somewhere.

Thanks! oh and technically I need 2 of them.

Hi folks, I am looking for a rear hanger for a GT ZR 3.0 road bike. Any one have laying around or know where I can track one down?

5 hours ago, NickGM said:

Hi folks, I'm looking for a shim/adapter to allow me to mount a 34.9mm derailleur clamp on a 28.6mm tube (ok my calipers said 29.3mm but I'm guessing that's paint as 28.6 is the standard size?). I've heard that you can make them out of aluminium cans, but I may as well try to get the real thing before going the McGuyver route. Apparently they used to be supplied with the FD if you bought one new, so I'm sure there are some lying around in drawer a man-cave somewhere.

Thanks! oh and technically I need 2 of them.

somewhere in a toolbox I have those. let me know if you want them shipped?