The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

Hi All

Looking for a straight steerer fork for a 29" bike to replace a sheered fork for a young development rider.  

Thanks

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Helpful Hubbers

Anybody have a left crank arm, sram dub to sell.

Will even buy both crank arms

Please n dankie

Hi all

I rounded the bleed screw on my Shimano brake lever. If anyone has a broken lever or spare screw lying around, please let me know. 

IMG_20210923_131343.jpg

13 hours ago, Super Sywurm said:

Why Rapide, if I may ask?

They're cheap. Just looking for an inexpensive stem to test if the length will work. Any brand will do though...

3 hours ago, FA said:

Hi all

I rounded the bleed screw on my Shimano brake lever. If anyone has a broken lever or spare screw lying around, please let me know. 

IMG_20210923_131343.jpg

Where are you situated...I think I have one...

Just now, JJDT said:

Where are you situated...I think I have one...

Thay will be great! Cape Town? 

@FA ok...I'm in JHB do not know if it will get to you via snail mail...and to courier it IMO would be costly for such a small thing that weighs approx 1g.

3 hours ago, FA said:

Hi all

IMG_20210923_131343.jpg

Just go to your lbs, they will have a box full of old parts somewhere in the corner.  Just last week, I scored a free rear derailleur bolt at my lbs.

Hi all. does anyone have a Spez Eliminator 29 2.6 grid   and a Ground control 29 2.3 grid  laying around. Will pay, just want to try them out. running a Butcher up front and ardent at back at the moment. thanks guys

Edited by J trailx

Hi,

Looking for those rubber inserts for Thule Wingbars or suggestions for some alternative solution (silicon?).

I bought the bars on the Hub and they never had those rubbers and I reckon that is where most of the noise comes from when driving above 80km

Thanks,

Cheers!

Pushing my luck here but does anyone have a 2ndhand 36 or 38 narrow wide chainring they're like to part with for some cash? I'm building up a Gravel Clunker and going single up front.

10 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Pushing my luck here but does anyone have a 2ndhand 36 or 38 narrow wide chainring they're like to part with for some cash? I'm building up a Gravel Clunker and going single up front.

You'll need to say what crank you have, and what BCD (bolt circle diameter) it uses. Sram direct? Shimano? 11 / 12 speed ?

Like my mtb has a Shimano round (symmetrical) 104mm BCD.