The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

On 11/9/2021 at 7:27 AM, FA said:

Hi all

I rounded the bleed screw on my Shimano brake lever. If anyone has a broken lever or spare screw lying around, please let me know. 

IMG_20210923_131343.jpg

Drop me a Pm if you need one, found one in my parts bin thats useable. In plumstead CT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/12/2021 at 12:18 PM, Wheelie87 said:

Hi,

Looking for those rubber inserts for Thule Wingbars or suggestions for some alternative solution (silicon?).

I bought the bars on the Hub and they never had those rubbers and I reckon that is where most of the noise comes from when driving above 80km

Thanks,

Cheers!

Did you try a thule branch? 

Also ebay and Amazon has many options  but shipping might cost more than the rubbers.

3 hours ago, MajG said:

Did you try a thule branch? 

Also ebay and Amazon has many options  but shipping might cost more than the rubbers.

Yes, thanks.

Thule asking R450 per rubber insert per bar which I feel is a bit much for a piece of rubber.

35 minutes ago, Wheelie87 said:

Yes, thanks.

Thule asking R450 per rubber insert per bar which I feel is a bit much for a piece of rubber.

You may find a profile that you can use at any of the "rubber product and moulding" suppliers.

1 hour ago, Wheelie87 said:

Yes, thanks.

Buy a roll of wide gorilla tape or somthing run it along the top of the bars.

On 11/12/2021 at 2:39 PM, copperhead said:

I do. But I am away till month end. If you don't win by then let me know. I have a 36 wolftooth. Used but excellent condition. Where you? My tenant can give it to you if you in CT. Will need a small donation for it. If it is what you need we can discuss donation then ????????

Thanks @copperhead, I don't mind making a donation for it at all. I forgot to mention that it needs to be a 104 BCD. I'm doing a hack job on an old XTR crank that's actually a 102 BCD but those chainrings are almost impossible to find and silly expensive.

I'm in Brackenfell CT so I can collect. I'm not in a hurry at all and can wait till you back, I'm still gathering parts for the build.

46 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Thanks @copperhead, I don't mind making a donation for it at all. I forgot to mention that it needs to be a 104 BCD. I'm doing a hack job on an old XTR crank that's actually a 102 BCD but those chainrings are almost impossible to find and silly expensive.

I'm in Brackenfell CT so I can collect. I'm not in a hurry at all and can wait till you back, I'm still gathering parts for the build.

If you put the chainring bolts in backwards you can usually get a 104bcd to fit the 102bcd 

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

If you put the chainring bolts in backwards you can usually get a 104bcd to fit the 102bcd 

I actually read that on another forum as well but forgot about it, thanks ????

On 11/12/2021 at 12:18 PM, Wheelie87 said:

Hi,

Looking for those rubber inserts for Thule Wingbars or suggestions for some alternative solution (silicon?).

I bought the bars on the Hub and they never had those rubbers and I reckon that is where most of the noise comes from when driving above 80km

Thanks,

Cheers!

electrical tape?

It's along shot, anyone got a pallet? 

A bridge at the local MTB park is borked and I'd like to help out.