Jump to content

The "I need something you might throw away" thread


Kalahari Vegmot
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/14/2021 at 7:35 PM, Jewbacca said:

No real rush at all. I'm building a bike for our security guard and the deraileur I have is trashed. He will be stoked as he lives about 6 km away from our offices. Just too far to make walking comfortable on these cold mornings/nights but short enough to feel bad about taking a taxi.

 

@Jewbacca pm sent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking for a 5-speed rear cassette for. 90s mountain bike? The one I have has been going strong for the past 25 years and finding a replacement has been pretty impossible. 
 

Also looking for road bike brake levers (without gear levers). 

Edited by shahilj
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking for an Avid Elixir Hydraulic brake caliper. No hoses, or lever needed. It's the last part required to complete a build for my daughter's bike. Willing to pay for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Black Line said:

Looking for an Avid Elixir Hydraulic brake caliper. No hoses, or lever needed. It's the last part required to complete a build for my daughter's bike. Willing to pay for it.

Pse wapp me tomorrow think I have one . If so it’s free. Arno zero833959038

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Pse wapp me tomorrow think I have one . If so it’s free. Arno zero833959038

Thank you kindly. I'll do so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I'm looking for an 8 speed MTB rear derailleur. A friend's sister had a checkers packet fly into her drivetrain yesterday and as a result of everything getting clogged up the derailleur snapped in half.

Drop me a PM if you have one you want to get rid of and we can talk prices etc. I'd just like to get her back on the road.

I'm sure 9 speed would work too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2021 at 12:16 PM, Trashy said:

I'm looking for a 26" fork. Straight steerer, quick release.

Anything from 100mm - 120mm will work.

Don't need anything fancy, as it's for my wife's bike that is seldom ridden.

Willing to pay.

Cheers.

Have you come right yet? If not, I may have something that can work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Schmorglebot said:

Hey guys, I'm looking for an 8 speed MTB rear derailleur. A friend's sister had a checkers packet fly into her drivetrain yesterday and as a result of everything getting clogged up the derailleur snapped in half.

Drop me a PM if you have one you want to get rid of and we can talk prices etc. I'd just like to get her back on the road.

I'm sure 9 speed would work too

Sportsman's warehouse have brand new sunrace ones for 250zar

Might work, is new and is cheap(ish)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anybody have a rockshox shock valvecap 

I will gladly pay 

Else I just buy metal valvecap at motorspares

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

My Profile My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Settings Help Logout