Alan Hatherly claims bronze: Commonwealth Games 2018

ByronH

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is fantastic! Well done Hatherley, coming back from that injury. Can't wait for him to race against the best of  the world when he hits Elite

Was great to watch!! I think XC racing is looking good with all the young-guns mixing it up with Nino... This year is going to see fantastic racing and hopefully Alan can get to the top step...

Such a power ride - to be going up against the best in the UCI world cup scene - sam won stellies leg ahead of nino - this is great for sa cycling

I had to leave for work so missed most of the race. Had to follow on Twitter.

Great result by Hatherly. Seems he was completely spent on the last lap. Understandably so given he's been out of racing since Feb. Had he not had to deal with the broken arm earlier in the season I would've expected him to be closer to Gaze and take the silver. That being said, bronze is still a great result.

Gaze is in a class of his own at the moment. Looks like he closed a 28 second gap in half a lap to take the win, after his mechanical.

Strauss got 7th in the ladies. Would've expected a better showing from her. Similarly, Batty got 4th. She was good for a silver at the very worst. She does do better on more technical tracks though.

Super result :thumbup:  Maybe without the injury and another year of building he will be right up there with Gaze for a win alongside the very best even at elite and WC level.

Well done!

apparently bad blood between the kiwis as cooper attacked gaze as he punctured...then gaze pitted and caught him within a half a lap to take the win  :eek:

and dont forget the ladis also did us proud

I think a top 10 - 7th - stand to be corrected

Yeah, Mariske Strauss 7th; Cherie Redecker 11th