Fox 34 Step-Cast 120mm fork

pista

shoulve just not made the 32 SC cause it flex more than a warm fizzer 

now the 34 needs to step up but also needs to be light ( pun not intended )

wtf ...

Edited by BaGearA

Seeing as RS just launched a 120mm SID,this doesn't surprise me. I'd much rather ride a 120mm fork with 34mm stanchions than 32mm stanchions.

Weight penalty will be worth it.

The Scott spark already comes with a 34 @120mm travel, so this is a lighter evolution of that.

shoulve just not made the 32 SC cause it flex more than a warm fizzer 

now the 34 needs to step up but also needs to be light ( pun not intended )

wtf ...

You complaining?

This is the best thing for 120mm trail bikes, and the new breed of so-called xc bikes. 

Same weight, if not lighter, than the SID 120.

I would love to see this fork on a trail ready marathon bike. Especially for a heavier guy. I've never ridden a 32m stanchion without it feeling like a noodle, so I'd very happily put this on my bike to save a bit of weight without compromising stiffness.

At home on a Spark, Stage Mini Max, Blur, new Yeti XC bike?

I would imagine this fork is gonna do very well in the SA market with the growing need for trail capable marathon bikes.

I would love to see this fork on a trail ready marathon bike. Especially for a heavier guy. I've never ridden a 32m stanchion without it feeling like a noodle, so I'd very happily put this on my bike to save a bit of weight without compromising stiffness.

At home on a Spark, Stage Mini Max, Blur, new Yeti XC bike?

I would imagine this fork is gonna do very well in the SA market with the growing need for trail capable marathon bikes.

Better still... ;) 

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/gear/gear-news/niners-rkt-9-rdo-gets-some-fresh-colours-and-foxs-new-34-sc-fork-r7254

With geometry like that, Niner should never have been saved from bankruptcy.

When they launched this model in late 2016 it was the first to use long front-centre geometry. It also won lightweight XC bike of the year at Sea Otter at launch in the same month. The geometry is still current as many other brands are changing to the same design ethos.

The ride and patented suspension linkages work superbly in all sizes and remains one of the best handling bikes on the market. 

When they launched this model in late 2016 it was the first to use long front-centre geometry. It also won lightweight XC bike of the year at Sea Otter at launch in the same month. The geometry is still current as many other brands are changing to the same design ethos.

The ride and patented suspension linkages work superbly in all sizes and remains one of the best handling bikes on the market. 

Except, I'm living in 2018. The future is now.

Noticeably the step is on the opposite side from the 32. The 32 has the step on the inside. Must be a different flex they are looking for.

Taken from Pinkbike:

"The main talking points include the all-new Step-Cast chassis that, much like the even lighter 32, sees less material used but, according to Fox, a gain in rigidity. While the 32 Step-Cast chassis is narrower than the standard 32, so much so that its Step-Cast lowers needed to be re-engineered to clear the front wheel's spokes and brake rotor, the 34 Step-Cast chassis is less out there."

Suuuure...

And the fact that you are a Niner dealer doesn't colour that opinion of yours at all.  :thumbup:

Suuuure...

And the fact that you are a Niner dealer doesn't colour that opinion of yours at all.  :thumbup:

Its true that we are Niner dealers (as well as Basso, Bianchi, Colnago, Pinarello, Cannondale, GT and Merida and more...) and you're welcome to your opinion, just like any other person on this forum. If you call me biased on that statement tho its a personal standpoint you'r taking directly at integrity.

I specifically talked only about the Niners geometry and ride (no comparisons or brand sledging), in response to a judgement you took about the bike on a pure paper measurement and angles... Unless you're a frame design expert (which you may well be) its worth riding a bike before passing harsh judgment  :thumbup:

For the record I personally have a pretty vast experience of almost every XC bike currently on the market, haven ridden and worked on them all, and therefore can actually make a judgement call on their ride qualities and validity, some are better than others, some are lighter, some are heavier, some are better for certain people, some are not... there isn't any bike that's the best for everyone - thats why we have such a great and colourful bike market.

if your opinion is that anyone selling something is going to be biased then thats fair enough, but not everybody is. Just saying  ;)

• 3 weeks later...