[Event] Hollard JUMA 2018

Kellykazi

Does anyone know the elevation gain for the 72km. Organisers don’t even seem to know. They told me 570m on Facebook. Surely it is more than that?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the elevation gain for the 72km. Organisers don’t even seem to know. They told me 570m on Facebook. Surely it is more than that?

That does seem wrong. I got 610m of elevation on the 54km last year.

Which way does the route go? Clockwise or counter-clockwise? The two maps on the website are different? Also where is the extra loop for the 72km? Towards Alberts Farm?

Just had a look at the route map for the 72km - it looks like we do the 22km loop first and then join back on the 54km. Please tell me that we don't join behind the 54km riders???

Just had a look at the route map for the 72km - it looks like we do the 22km loop first and then join back on the 54km. Please tell me that we don't join behind the 54km riders???

That will be a stuff up of note. The reason I am doing the 72km is in an attempt to avoid the bottlenecks.

That will be a stuff up of note. The reason I am doing the 72km is in an attempt to avoid the bottlenecks.

Agreed, was also my reasoning for doing the 72km, that and the fact that Punisher shirts are cool!

Which way does the route go? Clockwise or counter-clockwise? The two maps on the website are different? Also where is the extra loop for the 72km? Towards Alberts Farm?

Up the spruit then backdown alongside the M1

With only 25mins gap between the 72km and 54km start, I cant see us not getting stuck behind them

For those worried about others unclipping and wasting your time note that it is impossible not to unclip on the 54km version. There are parts that you need to get off to get over pipes or up stairs etc. 

I can't comment on the 22km version....

If you are a seasoned cyclist why bother changing to flat pedals, you'll just lose all the benefits of clipping in.

Then there is free will so do as you please.

My advice, hit the wet spots and water as square as possible and stay away from the green spots.

Good luck!

For those worried about others unclipping and wasting your time note that it is impossible not to unclip on the 54km version. There are parts that you need to get off to get over pipes or up stairs etc. 

I can't comment on the 22km version....

If you are a seasoned cyclist why bother changing to flat pedals, you'll just lose all the benefits of clipping in.

Then there is free will so do as you please.

My advice, hit the wet spots and water as square as possible and stay away from the green spots.

Good luck!

And try not to not cross the water to overtake.

that is where the very slippery stuff is.

You can go from Hero to a very cold and wet Zero in no time.

And  ride up the scaffolding ramps, tires have more grip than  MTB shoes on wet scaffold plates.

Edited by Rolling Stone

Entered. Was really looking forward to it. Down with flu. [emoji17] Try again next year then.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

From Facebook the organisers have confirmed that the 72km guys will do the 54km first and then the 22km. But with 22km starting around 09:00 the 72 km guys will be riding the 22km with backmarkers. I think the 22km is more straightforward with no singletrack so passing should be easy.

Clockwise route for 54 km. The profile is def the wrong way.

Do we really need lights or is it overkill? 2.5 kg of battery I dont really want to lug around

Edited by LongDonkey