Tubolito tubes. Expensive but a good alternative to tubeless

Chris NewbyFraser

Out of interest - where would one get these tubes from...?

Just Cycles in Meyersdal Mall Alberton have them

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Used these tubes for about 500km. Experience?

One small puncture, found that, because the valve has no kock nut, valvd core unscrews easily, valve cord has no set depth when screwing it back in, valve stem pushes in when you try to pump a soft tyre.

I have gone back to tubeless and will use this super light and strong tube as my emergency get home solution.

Anyone know where I can get the road version in Cape Town?  Or online?  

Thks

• 1 year later...

Tubolito cost me a lot of time at the CTCT. Slow leak which I tried to bomb. Turned out the valve was leaking where it joined the main body. Only a few rides on it.

This was a replacement cause the previous one exploded when i pumped it up out of the tire looking for a leak.

Another one had a leak and the special patches did not work. Thrown 2 away and will toss the last remaining one.

They light but when tested with tyres and rolling resistance they actually worse than a normal tube. The better option is the heavier tube with better rolling resistance.

As Stringbean said Snakeoil and not very reliable

They light but when tested with tyres and rolling resistance they actually worse than a normal tube. The better option is the heavier tube with better rolling resistance.

As Stringbean said Snakeoil and not very reliable

What are your boys running this season? Tubbys? Tyre's and tubes or Road Tubeless? 

Anyone know where I can get the road version in Cape Town? Or online?

Thks

Chris Willemse stocks it.

I bought one for the saddle bag ... MTB tubes are massive.

I have previously used Spez-thin wall tubes. Better price, and nice size .... could not find a Spez tube for my current bike

Back to road bikes - saw a gent use one of these Tubilo tubes during the DC .... a road bike tube is already small ... is it worth R500 to save so little space ? Maybe a few grams weight saving ?

What are your boys running this season? Tubbys? Tyre's and tubes or Road Tubeless?

We ran a mix of tubbies and tubeless. Depending on the rider or terrain

5 tubolito tubes. 5 unfixable punctures.

The special patches for them do work, but only for 80km or so. Then they start leaking slowly.

The valve and valve stem is another nightmare. Had one leak at the extender on my 80mm version. That also is not fixable.

As a weight weenie on a road bike they are cool, but ultimately not worth the hassle they cause.

I'll keep one in my kit for emergencies, but they are to unreliable for everyday use

For road bikes the spez tubes are pretty thin and roll up way smaller than anything else... And seem reliable enough for everyday use..

For the 29ee I just use a 26er tube as a spare as it also rolls up much smaller. Works in a pinch just fine.

Maybe its me, but i have never had more road flats than until i started running the tubolitos. Had one complete tube failure when lightly inflating an already punctured tube to try find said puncture at below the recommended out of tyre pressure, the tube deformed close to valve rendering it completely useless.

Moved back to normal tubes. No drama since.