Power meter hitting rear brake caliper

ccdawnpatrol

Hello,

I am trying to install a Pioneer power meter on my Dura Ace 9000 left crank and it runs into my rear brake caliper. Go me for not doing my research or thinking about that when searching for one. Anyways, the brake caliper is a Shimano Ultegra(see image). Any help or suggestions on the matter would be great! Maybe a spacer on the crank or a new brake? Any suggestions on low profile brake calipers that will make sure it does not run into the left crank? I have a Scott Solace bike for reference. 

Thanks, 

Hi,

Unfortunately, crank-based power metres like the Pioneer, Stages and 4iiii wont work on the Scotts that have the brake caliper under the BB.

Other options are Garmin pedals and Powertap pedals.

Another option would be to change the caliper to a TRP caliper that sits more flush

in this case A small er caliper should be cheaper .... seeing that you already have the power meter

• 3 years later...

Hi, i had the same problem a couple of years ago with my reacto, the only solution was replacing rear brake, I just cant remeber the which brake had clearance and you have to get it from bike24, ended up buying a powertap wheel, do some googling, sorry thats all I got

You could look at a BR-6810-R series types caliper. However it would be best to check clearance as previous post suggests. Not sure what your current rear brake is. I have a TRP TTV AERO rear brake on my Felt TT bike that brake is terrible. In the process of changing it but requires a slight modification of the mounts.

Thanks, I currently have a standard Shimano 105 direct mount. Seems all Shimano options have that design with the swing arm- which always limits clearance.

Where did you get the TRP brakes? I've only ever seen them online at international stores