Mounting a Buzz Rack - Buzzybee 2 - rack sways slightly

I need some advise when mounting a Buzz Rack - Buzzybee 2, the rack get tightened using a bolt nut, I've noticed on some occasions the rack sways slightly either to the left or right even though I securely mounted and tightened the rack to the towbar.

Is there a way I can prevent this? I can tighten the bolt but feel that if I make it too tight, something might snap or break

Tighten the screw cap tight and make sure it doesnt move before tightening the lock nut - sometimes a little jiggling of the rack let's it tighten up again.

As V12 said, before doing the final tightening go the to rear and move the rack slightly up/down/left/right to feel when it is in the 'middle' of all the axes.   Keep it in postilion and tighten. 

thanks for the reply and advise. I was just thinking, I almost require a washer type of item that sits on the towbar before the bike rack is mounted. This is similar to the old days of guys making a hole in a tennis ball and plugging it to their towbar before towing their caravan. I will try the tennis ball but have this suspicion that the bike rack mounting won't fit with the ball.

thanks for the reply and advise. I was just thinking, I almost require a washer type of item that sits on the towbar before the bike rack is mounted. This is similar to the old days of guys making a hole in a tennis ball and plugging it to their towbar before towing their caravan. I will try the tennis ball but have this suspicion that the bike rack mounting won't fit with the ball.

Do me  a favour and measure your tow ball diameter accurately - there are the odd 48mm ones around, and the buzz rack is designed for a 50mm ball.

Otherwise bring it round to my office in Rosebank and I will check it for you.

The importers for Buzzrack is RFA Distributors in Carlswald.

Rodney and his team are a awesome bunch of people, and he has a lekker coffee shop as well. tel:(011)805-9951, address 83B MIlford Road, Carlswald, Midrand

I want to get their new Eco Stand shortly, as there will be no clamping on a dropper post.http://buzzrack.com/galleries/eco-work-stand/

Do me a favour and measure your tow ball diameter accurately - there are the odd 48mm ones around, and the buzz rack is designed for a 50mm ball.

Otherwise bring it round to my office in Rosebank and I will check it for you.

Hi V12man,

Thanks for the offer, I’ll measure the ball and get back to you. It sounds like this could resolve the issue.

Thanks again