The Great Shock Tune Thread

Bos

Thank you. 

I think my real question have more to do with specific suspension designs and shock tuning specific to the design.

@PieterF not a bad Idea. However I'm sure there's plenty of threads discussing the values of shockwiz ? Had any experience with it?

The ShockWiz is a great tool and probably the best starting point on your current suspension tune before sending it off for a new shim stack. plus even if you do want a custom stack, the shockWiz will give you great ammo about your riding and the data will help you translate money spent into actual gain and will probably mean getting the right stack first time.

We have a ShockWiz unit and rent it out ala bike fit. Get in touch to make a booking. ;)

PS if you don't want a fully custom tune you can change the tune state of your current unit to S/S or M/M or F/F or M/F or whatever you like, just by having the service dept at Stoke or Omnico change the nitrogen pressure and IFP etc according to OEM tunes.

From the data you sent me that frame of yours is pretty firmly in the M/M band. We can start there and if you feel the urge after stage one we can get a Push tune from Robbie based on your feedback, weight, linkage curves etc etc.

The firm compression tune will probably feel pretty harsh, especially considering you'd blow away in a stiff breeze...

Thanks for the replies guys. What do you charge for a day with the shockwiz @Bikemob ? 

@ Stoke, Spot on, felt a little harsh. Lets see my budget at the time, I'd like to try the push way eventually but think I need a couple of other things first. 

I read somewhere that some of the newer fox floats cant be retrofitted with a remote lockout? 

If one is to do longer distances on a longer travel bike it becomes essential to make good use of all the bells and whistles a shock offers. I use my RS Fork's lockout a lot. I typically ride my suspension plush / soft then it becomes necessary to lock out when you climb out the saddle or even just fairly low speed / steep pitches. the firmer climb mode helps keep the rear end up a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
Had a look in my database and what I could see was that a 2016 model shock for your frame uses a Compression Medium, Rebound Medium and Climb Firm tune, what Droo recommended:

CYKW: 2016, FLOAT DPS, P-S, A, 3pos SV, Silverback, Sprada, 7.250, 1.750, 0.4 Spacer, CM, RM, Climb F, Standard Logo

2018 I found one that has a digressive setup:

DDNG: 2018, FLOAT DPS, P-S, A, 3pos Evol SV, Silverback, Sprada Trail, 7.25, 1.75, 0.2 Spacer, DCM, DRM, CMF, Standard Logo

Changing to a remote will involve some new parts and require a new eyelet assembly but can be done. Recently did a remote to manual conversion for a customer and he is selling the remote stuff, PM me if you are interested. 

• 2 years later...

Hi

Who is the best in Cape Town to help me finetune the settings on my fork and shock. If its relevant to the question, the bike is a stock Pyga Pascoe ie Pike and RockShox Monarch Plus DebonAir.

Hi

Who is the best in Cape Town to help me finetune the settings on my fork and shock. If its relevant to the question, the bike is a stock Pyga Pascoe ie Pike and RockShox Monarch Plus DebonAir.

Stoke Suspension Works would be my go to for suspension.

Stoke Suspension Works would be my go to for suspension.

Thanks. I'll get in touch with them.

• 1 month later...