Trails near Fish River

cadenceblur

Hi Guys

Going to be spending some time at the Fish River and am contemplating taking the MTB along.

Anyone have some insight into trails in that neck of the woods?

Hi.

Take your bike with. There is a 2 day race that happens there every year, so there are trails. Mpekweni beach resort which is about 15kms away has some of the best trails/singletrack in the region.

Take the Port Alfred to Grahamstown tar road. 15km before Grahamstown on your left are the Manley Flats community trails.  Look for the old MTB wheel and Radway Green B&B sign.  Short dirt road, just past the farm house (about 1km) is where the start is.  Self-issue permit so just pay your R30 for the day, sign in and off you go. LOADS of fun.  Otherwise pop in at Cycle Assylum in Port Alfred and chat to Lappies and the guys there for pointers.  There's tons of riding to do in the area and they know the secret spots.  Enjoy!

Oh, I wanted to advise about zero amount of trails near Ais-Ais near the Fish River Canyon. I am glad you got the info you wanted!